Scargill Junior School
Hornchurch Academy Trust
Mungo Park Road
Tel: 01708 555677
Head of School: Mrs Helen Graham
Midday Supervisor (MDA)
Location: Scargill Junior School
Hours: 5 hours per week, Monday to Friday 12.30pm to 1.30pm x 38 weeks per year
Grade: APTC 2, Point 3
Pro rata salary: £2,486 pa (FTE £21,408pa)
Required: January 2022
A Midday Supervisor is one of a team of school staff who are responsible for pupil supervision during the midday break. The post holder will be supervised on a day-to-day basis by a Senior Midday Supervisor and be managed by the Head Teacher.
During the midday break the Midday Supervisor will be responsible for:
- the transition of pupils from class to the dining hall and/or the school playground (or other designated areas during wet play) and back to class at the end of lunchtime
- supervising and supporting pupils whilst they eat
- promoting and supervising positive and active play and pupil relationships
- health, safety, security and basic first aid (after relevant training)
- manage pupil discipline and behaviour management.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic Midday Supervisor, with outstanding skills, to join our dedicated staff and work with us to develop every child’s potential.
What we can offer:
- a welcoming and friendly atmosphere
- continuing professional development as a high priority
- supportive staff
- supportive parents and governors who contribute to establishing a positive and happy learning environment.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arrange by contacting our school office.
Please visit our website www.scargill-jun.havering.sch.uk to get a good idea of what happens at our school because there is always lots going on!
Ofsted recently graded the school ‘GOOD’ (Dec 2019). Our pupils are polite and friendly. We often describe ourselves as a large school with a small family feel.
Please apply online.
Closing date: 8th December 2021
Interview date: w/c 13th December 2021
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Hornchurch Academy Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interviews may be via video conferencing if appropriate.
If you believe you are the right candidate, please get in touch with us – we would love to hear from you!
How to Apply
To apply, please visit https://ats-haveringschools.jobsgopublic.com and submit your application by clicking the 'Apply Online' link below.