Scargill Junior School
Hornchurch Academy Trust
Mungo Park Road
Tel: 01708 555677
Head of School: Mrs Helen Graham
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Location: Scargill Junior School
Hours: 31.25 hours per week, Monday to Friday 8.30am to 3.30pm with a 45 minute lunch break x 39 weeks per year
Grade: APTC 5, Point 12
Pro rata salary: £18,706 pa (FTE £25,137pa)
Contract: Temporary until 31st August 2022
Required: January 2022
Scargill Junior School is seeking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented HLTA to join our friendly and vibrant school in January 2022. You will join a strong and supportive team of staff within an Academy that is committed to providing a positive, safe and stimulating learning environment for our pupils and staff. Scargill Junior School is part of Hornchurch Academy Trust and offers excellent opportunities for training, support, career development and sharing best practice amongst its five schools.
The role will involve some in-class support for teaching and learning, as well as PPA and class cover.
We welcome applications from candidates with HLTA experience or those who have achieved the HLTA standard or equivalent.
The successful candidate will:
- have good Maths and English skills
- have diverse set of skills to enable you to be flexible in supporting or leading teaching and learing in the classroom
- be passionate about teaching and learning, and striving for the best outcomes for children
- be able to work creatively and strategically in the classroom
- be innovative and reflective practitioner who is keen to learn
- be positive, with a 'can do' attitude
- have a good sense of humour
What we can offer:
- a welcoming and friendly atmosphere
- continuing professional development as a high priority
- supportive staff
- supportive parents and governors who contribute to establishing a positive and happy learning environment.
Visits to our school are warmly welcomed and can be arrange by contacting our school office.
Please visit our website www.scargill-jun.havering.sch.uk to get a good idea of what happens at our school because there is always lots going on!
Ofsted recently graded the school ‘GOOD’ (Dec 2019). Our pupils are polite and friendly. We often describe ourselves as a large school with a small family feel.
Please apply online.
Closing date: 8th December 2021
Interview date: w/c 13th December 2021
Recruitment and hiring during COVID-19: Despite the challenges we face, recruitment and hiring will continue for all Hornchurch Academy Trust vacancies with as little disruption as possible over the coming weeks and months. Applications will still be reviewed and interviews conducted in a timely manner, although interviews may be via video conferencing if appropriate.
If you believe you are the right candidate, please get in touch with us – we would love to hear from you!