The London Borough of Croydon is a thriving cultural hub. It’s a truly unique place to practice social work – Croydon is one of the fastest growing populations in the UK and is home to 94,000 children. It’s an exciting time to be joining us; our destination is embedding systemic practice and the investment that we have received is enabling Social Work with Families to have a manageable caseload, business support integrated in our structure and Practitioners supporting child in need direct work.
Benefits of Working With Us
- Manageable team caseloads
- Accredited Systemic Supervision training
- Investment into your staff well-being
- Experienced Service Managers and Snr Leaders supporting front line managers, regular supervision, and access to a clinical therapist to support your work
- A range of CPD opportunities to support your development
- Our Edge of Care Service works alongside social work teams
- 31 days’ annual leave in addition to Bank Holidays
- A pension scheme with an average employer contribution of 20%
We are seeking Team Managers in the following areas;
- Croydon Supporting Families – Initial Assessment & Brief Intervention
- Children with disabilities
- Children in care
- Family & Friends Fostering Team
Why Join Us
- Our teams consists of experienced Social Workers at various levels
- The team arrange meetings weekly to ensure all colleagues have the support required to fulfil their duties, they will use this time to problem solve complex cases
- The ethos at Croydon is very much about working together to make positive change
- Caseloads of Social Workers are very manageable enabling managers to know children well & ensure high standards of practice
- You will join an established management team who can help you settle in and offer their expertise
- Will have the opportunity to work from home and work flexibly which provides you with more of a work-life balance.
The Team Manager will take operational responsibility for a team of Social Workers in respect of;
- Qualified and registered Social Worker who is Social Work England registered
- Experienced in making assessments, implementing plans and delivering interventions for children in the relevant service area of the child’s journey.
- Experienced in leading and managing performance of a team of social workers, ensuring the cases are allocated effectively in terms of skills and experience suited to the complexity of the case.
Croydon Council is an inclusive employer and welcomes applications from all sections of the community. We will be pleased to consider applications from candidates seeking flexible working arrangements. As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the advertised role.
Croydon council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. The Successful candidate will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check which allows them to work with children.