Bonington Road Hornchurch RM12 6TH
Telephone No: 01708 457019
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Ryan Kinnear
Learning Support Assistant – SEN 1:1
Hours: 27.5 hrs/38 weeks per year + 5.6 weeks holiday
Grade: Grade 1/2 spinal point 1-5
F/T Annual Salary: £20,658 - £22,185
Pro Rata Annual Salary: £13,195 - £14,170
Contract: Temporary until the end of the spring term - April 17th 2022
Start Date: Wednesday 5th January 2022
We are seeking to appoint a caring and committed SEN Learning Support Assistant to work alongside two KS2 pupils, to cover a LSA maternity post. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and successful school with a hard-working, enthusiastic and supportive team of staff and we are looking to fill this appointment with someone who is equally as passionate about children’s learning. The successful candidate will also need to be a well-educated individual and hold the following:
- Excellent skills in English and maths.
- An NVQ at grade 1/2.
- Experience of working with children with SEN, including speech and learning needs.
The post holder will work 1:1, but may at times be required to support other children in the class. They will need to be pro-active and well-organised with the ability to adapt and prepare resources for use in the classroom setting.
The post holder will also be required to:
- Engage the pupil in their learning and provide support in completing tasks.
- Support the pupil in developing effective communication skills.
- Use strategies to encourage the pupil’s independence.
- Help the pupil in developing social awareness and forming friendships.
- Be positive in outlook and flexible and adaptable to the needs of the child and the classroom setting.
- Take directions from the class teacher but also be willing to use their own initiative.
- Undertake training as necessary.
- Work effectively as part of a team.
Specific training in relation to supporting these pupils will be provided as needed.
If you are interested in this post then please apply online.
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th December 2021
Interview Date: Friday 10th December 2021
Scotts Primary School is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful applicant will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the DBS.