Principal’s Personal Assistant
Salary: WA SCP17 (£24,491) - WA SCP26 (£30,451)
Hours: 37.5 hours
Start Date: ASAP
Closing Date: 15 December 2021
Westminster Academy is an Outstanding International Business and Enterprise academy serving a multi-ethnic community in Central London. Our ethos is grounded in the IB Learner Profile and our HERO values; we encourage intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and foster a sense of communal endeavour. Thanks to the work of our uniquely driven and dynamic staff body, the Academy has gained national recognition for its work to improve outcomes for students, and its aspirational and inclusive vision. As a member of the WA community you will have the opportunity to shape the future of the Academy whilst working alongside an exceptionally talented group of teachers, support staff and leaders.
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, and highly motivated Personal Assistant to provide outstanding support to the Principal of Westminster Academy.
The ideal candidate will:
- Provide efficient and effective support to the Principal
- Have strong prioritisation and time management skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
- Be proactive and possess a positive outlook to their work
- Have a flexible working approach
- Will understand and support the aims of the Academy
Previous experience in a school role is desirable but not essential.
What we offer:
- An excellent programme of continuing professional development
- The opportunity to develop personally and professionally with structured performance management, and opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility
- Involvement in school and community events, such as International Evening, expressive arts performances, academic celebrations and hosting high profile visitors
- A commitment to staff well being, including access to the local gym, weekly fitness sessions, staff social events and the end of term ‘WA Big Breakfast’
- Perkbox membership.
Our support staff are a highly valued team at Westminster Academy, whose attention to detail, commitment to providing the best service possible, and passion for overcoming inequality in education has helped to transform student outcomes. At Westminster Academy we are proud of the close working relationships between our support staff and teaching staff. The level of interaction with students also makes the team indispensable to the student body and the Academy community.
Now is an exciting time to join our dedicated staff body. As a member of staff at a fast paced, forward thinking organisation, you will genuinely be changing lives. If you can offer an absolute focus on raising educational standards then Westminster Academy would like to hear from you.
Interview date: TBC
For further details and an application form, please visit: www.westminsteracademy.org.uk.
We are committed to safeguarding children and promoting their welfare. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
The post is subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.