This is an exciting opportunity to work in our Seniors Housing service. The service provides specialist housing for older people in Brighton and Hove, encouraging independence within a thriving community.
The scheme manager plays a crucial role in delivering the front line service in our housing schemes.
We are proud of our achievements and seek a scheme manager who can positively contribute to the service moving forward.
We have two roles currently available -
Full time role: 37 hours
Part time role: 23 hours
Monday to Friday
For an informal discussion, please contact Elisabeth Neighbour - Team Manager, Seniors Housing on 01273 293123 or Graham Davies - Team Manager, Seniors Housing on 01273 293218
About the role
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with working with older people, ideally within the retirement or sheltered housing sector.
- Excellent customer service experience and an ability to continually improve service delivery in a diverse community.
- The ability to work creatively and collaboratively with a wide range of colleagues and partners.
- The ability to develop active and thriving communities.
- The ability to encourage and support people to age well and thrive.
- A good working understanding of health and safety and safeguarding issues.
- The ability to work alone and respond to emergencies and challenging situations.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
As part of your application, you will need to complete your education and work history and upload a supporting statement. Your supporting statement is the most important part of your application as it will be used in the shortlisting process to assess whether you meet the essential requirements for the role that are set out in the person specification and to decide whether you should be offered an interview. Before you start your application, please read our guidance here (Supporting statement guidance (brighton-hove.gov.uk)) as this gives important advice which will increase your chance of success in the shortlisting process.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.