An exciting new opportunity has arisen for a Facilities Assistant to join the team support the delivery of the evening operation of the Healthy Living Centre at Darwin Court. In return we can offer a competitive salary of £21,158 per annum.
The Facilities Assistant will provide high quality operational support to Darwin Court's Healthy Living Centre which is a focus for community groups, as well as a space for residents, user-led activities and social events. Facilities and activities can be attended both by the general public and by Peabody residents, all in aim of encouraging individuals to maximise their health, wellbeing and independence and providing them with the necessary resources and opportunities.
Responsibilities of our Facilities Assistant:
- Carry out tasks in accordance with the cleaning schedule, ensuring that both day to day duties and periodic cleaning are done timely and to an appropriate standard
- Ensure the appropriate reporting of any issues or problems observed around the building
- Ensure the safe use of specialised heavy cleaning machinery ensuring all manufacturer’s safety precautions and instructions are followed, and where necessary to ensure protective clothing is used
- Ensure defects and health and safety issues are reported promptly and followed up appropriately
- Ensure that all chemicals are correctly used in accordance with COSHH regulations and stored within designated areas
- Provide cover for reception when required
- Complete the required arrangements for programmed activities and room hire bookings
- Participate in relevant Centre projects where required
Skills and Experience required of our Facilities Assistant:
- Ability to prioritise and work on one’s own initiative and with minimum of supervision
- Ability to communicate sensitively with a wide range of people
- Knowledge of COSHH and other relevant Health and Safety regulations
- Ability to order appropriate chemicals and equipment, whilst ensuring value for money
- Experience and understanding of cleaning in a public facing environment
- Ability to operate specialised heavy cleaning machinery and the ability to pass this training on to other members of staff
- Willingness to be flexible
- Customer service experience within a similar community venue environment
Closing date: 5pm, Saturday 27th November 2021
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Facilities Assistant, please click ‘apply’ now!
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.