Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
Provider Services & Commissioned Care is part of Social Care services for Children and Adults. The service is responsible for providing direct services to residents who require social care and support.
About the role
The London Borough of Hillingdon have an excellent opportunity for an experienced Service Manager to join our Direct Care Provision Service.
The post holder will be responsible for providing oversight, advice and support to Managers of Registered Care services, Supported Living and Day Provision for Children & Adults to ensure that quality services and outcomes are delivered in the most effective way for residents.
Management and regulatory compliance of Children's & Adult's Registered Care Services, Care and support for unaccompanied asylum seeking young people, Supported Living, Respite and Day Resources is a key part of this role.
A strategic approach to the management of services is required to ensure that effective use of resources across the service area is maintained, risks are managed and quality outcomes are achieved for children, young people and adults in line with legislative requirements.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Service Manager to join us and add value to the community.
We are looking for an innovative, dynamic and experienced professional to lead the service, contribute to strategies and initiatives to progress and identify further opportunities for service improvements and development.
To be considered for this position you will need to ensure you meet the criteria set out in the Job Profile and Person Specification below.
- Ensure that a culture of 'continuous improvement' is embedded in the approach by each of the managers.
- Be responsible for implementing agreed team plans and ensuring performance targets are delivered.
- Ensure all services achieve a 'Good' or 'Outstanding' rating from Ofsted/ CQC
- Have experience in managing and delivering transformational changes and improvements to services
- Have experience of using and having auditing systems in place for the monitoring of care delivery to children, young people and adults.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships between Social Workers, health practitioners and other key stakeholders to have effective and productive partnership working for the benefit of residents.
- Have sound financial management skills and take responsibility for the effective management of the allocated department / team budget.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.