Strategy & Policy Manager
Salary: MM1 £38, 946 - £49, 818
Permanent, Full time
Enfield Council is seeking to appoint a Strategy and Policy Manager to work as part of our dynamic Corporate Strategy Service.
This challenging role will provide the postholder with a genuine opportunity to shape the future of the borough of Enfield through delivering high quality policy, strategy and consultation work.
As an experienced strategy and policy professional, you will use your excellent organisational, analytical, facilitating, drafting and management skills to drive a varied work programme, spanning across all departments, to help the council deliver our objectives as expressed in our new Council Plan.
As part of this work programme, you will use your established stakeholder management skills to develop and maintain positive collaborative working relationships with our senior managers and partners to scope, develop and deliver cohesive high quality and innovative work.
This role will require local and national networking, liaising with officers across Council services, elected members, MPs offices, a range of local partner organisations and citizens. It is fast paced, complex and challenging but it is always rewarding. If you can manage conflicting priorities and tight deadlines, are adept at developing innovative policy and strategy in a complex environment and want to make a difference for people in Enfield, please submit an application.
For more information about the role please contact the Strategy and Policy Team Manager firstname.lastname@example.org or Head of Strategy and Policy email@example.com
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59pm on Monday 13th December 2021
Interview Date: Interviews are planned for 6th and 7th January 2022
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Cheryl Ponnou on 0208 1321023 oor firstname.lastname@example.org
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.