This is a great opportunity to join a successful, high performing Digital Team, in an ambitious Council that is always striving to move forward. Our Digital Services Team have transformed the way we deliver our services and are reflecting the new ways of working with the use of Digital, Data and Technology.
We are looking for a customer focused professional with hands on technical expertise to join a high performing team of integration experts responsible for the continual improvement, innovation and support of the council’s entire catalogue of services and applications across the council maintaining and striving for the best services possible to our customers, residents and businesses.
The ideal candidate will be able to show innovative thinking as well as being able to make quick decisions which ensure our stakeholders get the best possible continuation of services. The Senior Applications Engineer will often be asked to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines but at the same time will receive all the support needed from the wider team to meet the expectations of the council.
The Senior Applications Engineer reports directly to the Corporate Systems Lead, with responsibility for application support and maintenance, application upgrades, application lifecycle management, maintaining and creating application interfaces between systems.
The post holder works under broad direction and influences organisation, customers, suppliers, partners and peers on the contribution of their own specialism, performs an extensive range and variety of complex technical and/or professional work activities, and advises on the available standards, methods, tools and applications.
The demands of this role involve managing many competing activities with a varied range of complexities, including influencing decisions that could impact the continued delivery of core services to the whole Council as well as the key success factors for the council’s large portfolio of projects. To support this key role there may be times when the post holder is required to be available out of hours, including weekends.
Permanent, Full Time contract
MM1 £38,946 - £49,818 pa
The successful applicant will be expected to:
Record and respond to application incidents and service request from business, clients, suppliers and service teams within agreed operational procedures and service level agreements
- Implement techniques to ensure resolution of incident in a timely manner, resolving according to Service SLA’s
- Technical Lead on key system improvements and fixes
- Pro-actively investigate Service-related problems, by identifying, communicating and applying known error workarounds
- Diagnosing the cause of the incident through a structured process of investigation, co-coordinating both internal and external support teams as necessary, pro-actively looking to identify root cause and prevent repeat occurrence
- Implement key LOB applications upgrades, co-ordinating with 3rd parties and business stakeholders
- Strong technical work back ground with at least 5 years technical experience within at least 3 of the following areas:
- MS BizTalk Server 2006 R2/2009/2010 etc.
- MS Dynamics CRM Mobile
- Managing platform change (transitioning applications through environment upgrades – SaaS, IaaS & PaaS) e.g. Application, Web, Client, Mobile & Database upgrades.
- Knowledge of data transfer techniques and interface platforms (GlobalScape EFT Advanced Workflow Engine (AWE), EFT AWE Module, & Cloud / SaaS (EFT Arcus)
Demonstrable track record of building & supporting Web / Mobile Based Applications
Demonstrable knowledge of DevOps Solution or Microsoft App-V 4.62 & 5.1, SCCM 2016, software release & deployment, Active Directory / Group Policy, MSI / MST (packaging solution), PowerShell, Software packaging standards, & SOA design
- Experience working within a Customer focused technical support environment
- Experience leading technical workstreams using formal methodologies i.e. ITIL, Prince2, Scrum
- Digital Services Service Support and Delivery Management
- Knowledge of server-side technologies (i.e. ASP and JSP)
- Knowledge of two or core Line of Business application (Synergy, Civica, Child View, Northgate M3 / Assure, CareFirst, Liquid Logic, SAP, Northgate Housing, RiO, Total Mobile, IDOX, EXOR, CareFirst, BACS-PTX & Capita Payment System ETC)
About you: We are passionate about placing our customer at the heart of everything we do, and our residents deserve exceptional customer experience from the Council. We would like you to hold that principle, be bold and enthusiastic. You will be someone who has exceptional experience and understanding of change in a complex organisation, and has excellent communication skills.
Our culture: We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing at 23:59 on Tuesday 30th November 2021
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents.
• A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification.
• Your CV.
Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Claire Turner, Senior Recruitment Consultant on 0208 132 1024 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please visit www.DiscoverDigitalEnfield.co.uk