Suttons Primary School
Tel. No. 01708 443393
Post: Temporary Learning Support Assistant - LSA (SEN)
Pay Range: Scale 1/2 Point 1-5
Actual salary: £14,142- £15,188 p.a.
Hours: 28.75 hours per week x 39 weeks per year (pro rata)
This position is on going whilst the child remains at the school
Commencing as soon as possible
Suttons Primary School is a vibrant emerging two-form entry primary in the heart of Hornchurch. We opened our brand new state of the art school building in January 2017. We have strengths in Music, French, the Arts and mental health. We are committed to supporting children’s emotional wellbeing.
We are looking for a committed and passionate Learning Support Assistant who strives to give children the best start in life. The successful candidate will have experience of working with pupils with ASD and Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties, including ADHD.
We are looking for experience of working in mainstream classrooms and delivering intervention programmes. The successful applicants will be expected:
- To support pupils in developing social skills both in and out of the classroom.
- To remove triggers that promote challenging behaviour, including adapting the environment and tailoring activities to meet the individual's needs.
- To provide a way to calm the individual down when they show early signs of distress, e.g. using the 5P profile.
- To take every opportunity to develop pupils' language, reading, numeracy and related skills as directed by class teachers;
- To be enthusiastic and self-motivated and be able to work as part of a team;
- To share a drive and commitment to work in partnership with children, staff, parents and other professionals.
We can offer:
- excellent continuing professional development;
- supportive staff who are receptive to new ideas and initiatives;
- a welcoming French speaking school where children are happy, safe and well-behaved;
- friendly and dedicated staff, parents and governors;
- strong ICT provision to support and extend learning and assessment;
- a supportive leadership team; and
- a very well-resourced school.
For more information please refer to the school website for further details: www.suttonsprimary.co.uk
Please apply online.
Closing Date: Friday 3rd December 2021 - 9am
Short listing Date: Monday 6th December 2021
Interview Date: Friday 10th December 2021