There has never been a more exciting time to join Wirral Council. We are expanding our legal team to ensure we deliver a dynamic, enabling service with the right people, to drive innovation, improvement and growth to the Council and our communities.
ABOUT THE JOB
This is an exciting opportunity that will be focusing on providing forward thinking, customer focused and professional legal advice, support and assistance to the Council, Senior Leaders, Members and Partners.
You will play an instrumental part in providing strategic planning and highways advice and support the Council’s work on the emerging Local Plan which will provide a foundation for the Council’s large-scale regeneration activity and the economic growth ambitions for Wirral. You will also advise on major planning applications and support the Council’s Planning Committee.
The role is full-time at 36 hours a week. Additionally, Wirral strongly supports a flexible and agile working approach.
We are looking for candidates with extensive experience of providing legal advice relating to planning and highways matters. You will have excellent communication and IT skills, good commercial acumen and the ability to work effectively as part of a busy team of solicitors and legal assistants.
You will be confident in negotiating and drafting complex and high value agreements, conducting advocacy and handling a full caseload of planning and highways advice matters. You will have the ability to work well under pressure and assist the Lead Principal Lawyer to manage a busy workload to tight deadlines.
Please note, that in order to be considered for this position, you must be a qualified and practising barrister, solicitor, legal executive (Fellow) or equivalent (subject to or awaiting QLTS).
As a council we work together as to keep on making Wirral a place we can all be proud of. Wirral is thriving and constantly changing. We have completely rewritten who we are as an organisation. It’s an exciting time for our borough as we progress new plans and developments. Our vision is to secure the best possible future for our residents. Our priorities are developed based on what our residents have told us they want and need.
In response we’re working to:
- Build a prosperous and inclusive economy for residents and businesses.
- Create a sustainable environment to and lead the way on tackling climate change.
- Provide safe and pleasant communities.
- Support residents to lead active and healthy lives.
- Provide brighter futures for our children, young people and their families.
- Wirral Council has a rewards and benefits package for employees that is free to join and offers a range of discounts in over 7000 outlets on shopping, dining out, theatre, cinema, experiences and much more. Current schemes offer the opportunity to purchase technology, cars, phones and bicycles.
- You will be entitled to 27 days leave per year, plus 8 additional public holidays. Your entitlement will increase to 32 days plus the public holidays after 5 years of service.
- We develop and invest in our people. Your career aspirations are important to us. We want to know what matters to you. We want to know how we can help you in the next step on your journey. We encourage learning in the flow of work, we know that collaborative learning works really well here. Most importantly, we strive for a person led learning culture. Our people are supported by their managers in their learning and are backed by the organisation.
- Wirral also offer access to an Employee Assistance Programme, Occupational health support, a discount at invigor8 gyms and Travel and cycle loans.
We wish to make the application process as straightforward as possible, so we just ask that you upload your CV and provide further information against a couple of specific questions.
This recruitment campaign is being managed by JGP Resourcing. Please contact James Miller for more information about this role at email@example.com or 07401 070140.
Don’t miss out on this fantastic Senior Lawyer (Planning) opportunity in Wirral. Apply today!