VACANCY FOR MEALS SUPERVISOR
(Scale 2 – 5hrs pw Mon – Fri 12.15 – 1.15)
Required for January 2022 (or sooner)
St Bartholomews Primary School are seeking a friendly, energetic and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working with children to join our team of lunchtime supervisors. The role involves supervising children in the school dining hall and playground, and initiating games and activities with them. The ideal candidate will be an active, energetic and enthusiastic individual who can build a good rapport with children from all year groups across the school. We are a diverse Church of England inner-city school with a strong commitment to inclusive practice and we have great children who are eager to learn. We are a committed staff team with supportive Governors and Parents and the school is a caring and friendly environment.
We are looking for someone who can:
- Work with children to create an enjoyable lunch break, engage in conversation and games with children across the school
- Work as part of a team of adults including teachers and other support staff, to promote the learning and well being of all pupils.
- Take responsibility for the supervision, health and safety and control of pupils during the midday break both during dining and play.
The full job description is available from the school office.
Applications should be in the form of a written statement, addressed to the Head Teacher, taking into account the job description and detailing your strengths and qualities for this role.
St Bartholomew’s is fully committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. We are exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 therefore the successful candidate will be required to undertake a criminal record check via the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) as well as qualifications and reference checks.
Deadline for applications: 1^st December
Shortlisting: 2^nd December
Interviews: week of the 6^th December
If interested in this role please either call 020 8699 8537 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for an application package to be sent to you.
St. Bartholomew’s C of E School
The Peak, Sydenham, SE26 4LJ
020 8699 8537
ST. BARTHOLOMEW’S SCHOOL
Lunchtime meals and playground supervisor.Main Purpose of the job
To work as part of a team of adults including teachers and other support staff during lunchtimes.
To take responsibility for the supervision and health and safety of pupils during the midday break both during dining and play.
To promote healthy eating and encourage kind, polite and respectful behaviour during lunchtimesSummary of Responsibilities and Duties Support for Pupils
- Supervise pupils receiving school meals and packed lunches ensuring orderly conduct and good behaviour.
- Promote and encourage healthy eating and balanced choices of food. Be aware of the varying dietary requirements of pupils for medical or cultural reasons.
- Supervise pupils in the play area or within the building in the event of bad weather ensuring that a safe environment is maintained and that the school’s behaviour policy is adhered to.
- Respond to the welfare needs of pupils by comforting them or applying first aid, reporting any concerns on the general well being of the pupils to the senior midday supervisor or the class teacher.
- In accordance with the school’s child protection policy report any concerns about individual pupils to the Designated safeguarding lead.
- Maintain awareness and observe the school guidelines on security.
- Undertake any other duties commensurate with the level of the post, as required to ensure the efficient running of the school.
- Encourage appropriate exercise and activities to promote the health and well being of pupils.
- Encourage and develop pupils’ understanding of team activities and games as well as individual pursuits.
- Support and encourage the development of pupils’ social interaction with each other.
Ensure implementation and promotion in employment and service delivery of the Council’s/School’s equal opportunities policies and statutory responsibilities.
(used for short listing applications)
JOB TITLE: Meals Supervisor
Note to Candidates