We’re looking for an experienced Project Manager who wants to make a difference and strives in a challenging fast-paced environment to join our New Business division. You’ll have the exciting opportunity to contribute and help grow our programme to at least 1,500 homes a year, involving an expenditure of over £400M per annum.
In this exciting role you will:
- Be responsible for progressing and sourcing new development opportunities to deliver Optivo’s growth targets across London and the Counties
- Commission and liaise with landowners, developers, planners, legal advisors, valuers, architects and others to acquire sites and procure new residential led developments in partnership
- Assist in the preparation of bids which will include appraising schemes and produce reports for officer level groups and Committees to secure approval to enter into contracts
- Liaise with all internal client departments (construction, sales and marketing, operations, asset, finance governance) to secure agreement to acquire sites and ensure competing priorities are resolved
- Provide regular information and reports on progress, Cashflow and achievement of key milestones.
What you'll need
As Optivo’s Project Manager you’ll have a strong commercial awareness and effective risk management skills along with a demonstrable understanding of the Development process across a range of building and tenure types and a good understanding of planning law, process and practice.
With a full understanding of the financial elements of development projects and their impact on scheme viability, you’ll need an understanding of site valuation and appraisal methodologies, as well as using development appraisal software. Knowledge of contract structures and other legal aspects of development and planning is also required along with an understanding of HE/GLA standards, requirements and procedures, and the ability to optimise levels of grant into schemes. Knowledge of relevant land markets, and what it takes to be competitive in them, is essential.
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 30 November 2021 at midnight. Interviews will be conducted via Microsoft Teams video link and will take place Wednesday 8 & Thursday 9 December 2021
What's in it for you
- Life assurance
- Healthcare cash plan
- Eyecare & dental
- Birthday leave
- Retailers discounts
- Cycle to work
- Buy & sell annual leave
- Season ticket loan
- In-house academy & career development
- Flexible working
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.
To apply, please visit our website.