Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
Our Adult Community Learning Service is currently recruiting casual Learning Support Assistants to work as part of the team to provide one to one support within classroom and work-based environments, aiding learners in accessing learning activities through effective support, enabling them to achieve their full potential.
We're looking for people with a good standard of literacy and numeracy, and strong communication and interpersonal skills to ensure the best interactions, assistance and support possible for our learners.
Candidates will hold a Level 2 or 3 Teaching Assistant Qualification or will be willing to undertake such a qualification. Moreover, you will have the ability to recognise individual learner needs and the initiative to identify appropriate solutions that enable learning success. You will also work as part of a team and be keen to help and support colleagues and learners alike.
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Applicants should be aware that the post will only be offered to successful candidates subject to an Enhanced DBS check as well as other employment clearances.