Rise Park Academy Trust
Rise Park Junior School
Annan Way, Romford, Essex RM1 4UD
Telephone: 01708 761935
Executive Headteacher: Mrs C. Fox
Head of School: Miss C. Street
1:1 PUPIL LEARNING SUPPORT ASSISTANT - KS2
Hours: 30 hours per week (8.30 - 12pm, 1-3.30pm)
Grade: Scale 2 Point 3-4
Actual Salary for above hours: £15,225 - £15,500
Contract: Temporary contract until July 2022
Start Date: November 2021
Rise Park Junior School is part of the Success for All Educational Trust, where children are well behaved and keen to learn. Staff are friendly and supportive within a welcoming, aspirational environment.
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated and enthusiastic learning support assistant (LSA) to join our successful team to work with two named KS2 pupils, one pupil during morning lessons and another pupil during afternoon lessons.
Applications are welcome from candidates with experience of working with KS2 children and are qualified, or working towards, NVQ2 level or above.
The successful candidate will be:
- Experienced in working with pupils with additional needs, including challenging behaviour.
- Able to develop positive relationships with pupils and able to use a variety of strategies to meet individual needs.
- Proactive, well-organised and willing to work collaboratively with the class teacher and other LSAs.
- Able to engage and enthuse the named pupil to participate in lessons.
- Passionate about supporting all groups of children in order to enhance the quality of their learning and raise pupil achievement.
- Flexible and able to work well as part of a team.
We can offer:
- A well-resourced learning environment
- A cohesive and enthusiastic staff team
- Polite and motivated pupils
- Support and commitment to continuing professional development
- A positive, engaged wider school community.
Please apply online or by downloading application form from www.sfaet.co.uk for support staff and emailing to email@example.com
Closing date: 1st November 2021 - 9am
Interviews (including a short English and Maths skills assessment): w/c 1st November 2021
Please assume that if you have not had any acknowledgement of your application that you have not been successful.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and barring service. Rise Park Junior School is an Equal Opportunities employer.
“We welcome enquiries from everyone and value diversity in our workforce. Applications are welcome from all sections of the community regardless of gender, gender identity, ethnic origin, disability, age or sexual orientation.”