ERD Repairs Manager
Salary MM1 £38,946 to £49,818
X1 Full Time (36 hours) Permanent Position
We are recruiting! During 2020 we have redesigned our services and teams to ensure that we deliver on our promise to create a resident centric culture with a renewed focus on supporting independence and enhancing life chances, whilst continuing to deliver, safe, sustainable and quality homes for the future.
Enfield Repairs Direct
Enfield Repairs Direct, our inhouse repairs provider launched in May 2020 and in its first year of operation has already had a positive impact on the customer experience. Building on this early success to ensure a consistent high performing service that represents value for money is a top priority.
We are proud of our achievements and have also learnt a lot of lessons and are now ready to take the service forward in its next phase of development. We are looking to build a permanent team of motivated, customer focused, empathetic and results driven people to numerous roles at all levels across the service.
We are looking for an exceptional Repairs Manager, to play a key role in the ERD leadership team balancing strong trade / technical expertise with strong leadership and coaching skills and a relentless energy for improving the customer experience.
Once at full capacity you will lead a team of up to 24 people, with direct line management of 2 /3 with operational responsibility for delivering a high quality and customer focused responsive repairs service.
Key responsibilities include:
- Recruit, induct and support the learning and growth of a team of high performing supervisors and repairs operatives, being responsible for a geographical patch (North or South) across the borough as well as a specialist function;
- Electrical Services; or
- Disrepair, Private Sector Leasing, Complex Projects and Communal Repairs
- Leading the delivery of a resident centric repairs service functioning, 24 hours a day 365 days a year ensuring effective out of hours coverage
- Ensuring customer service excellence and achievement of performance KPI targets across the patch
- Oversee a range of complex and high-profile projects / programme of works ensuring effective cross team collaboration and effective engagement and communication with residents
- Create a strong culture of resident and building safety ensuring a robust system of safe working and operational controls are in place
To be successful in the role:
You will be an exceptional leader with a successful track record in working with large numbers of trade operatives to motivate and inspire them to deliver sustainable improvements in customer service whilst delivering successfully in line budget requirements.
You will excel in motivating and leading a team through change and will bring a strong understanding of excellence in delivering high quality, right first-time repairs in a social housing setting.
The role is a varied and exciting role where no two days are likely to be the same. If this sounds like you and your ready to make an impact from day one, then we want to hear from you.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing: 23:59 4th November 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 020 8132 1615 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Martin Greenway on 0204 526 7122 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
The service is provided 24 hours a day 365 days per year and the successful candidate will regularly participate in an on-call rota for which additional payments will be made. In addition, the role will regularly require attendance at evening and weekend meetings and events for which TOIL will be made available.