We are looking for an experienced and qualified social worker or occupational therapist to join the Southwark Care and Support Team (Mental health). The Care and Support team is a highly skilled multi-disciplinary teams consisting of Social Workers ,Assistant Practitioners and Occupational therapists.
In the Care and Support Team you would be focusing on offering longer term social care support to adults aged eighteen to sixty-five with a primary mental health diagnosis, who are living in the community and are in receipt of a package of care.
As part of this team you would provide specialist social care assessments and interventions using a person centred and strengths based approach. The aim is to prevent, reduce and delay needs, to improve the adult’s wellbeing and meet the clients social care needs.
- Directly work with adults with complex needs in order to help them achieve social care goals.
- Work creatively with clients to complete strengths based support plans to maximise an adult’s wellbeing and independence.
- Participate and undertake safeguarding investigations to ensure that adults with mental health needs can live safe from harm in the community.
- Become skilled at multi-agency working to ensure an adult’s holistic needs are met.
We have a robust professionals and management supervision structure and there will be opportunities to develop your skills as a supervisor and a placement educator. We also offer a strong CPD programme and greatly encourage the learning and development of our staff.
To apply you must be either a Qualified Social Worker registered with Social Work England, or a qualified Occupational Therapist registered with HCPC.
For further information please contact: Emily Brunton (Team Manager – Care and Support Team) 0207 525 2622.
- Please note this role requires an enhanced level DBS check.
- Additional remuneration for qualified AMHPs (within the salary scale).
- Eligible to apply for Essential Car User allowance to help with travel within the borough.
Closing date: 1 November 2021.
Interview date: 16 November 2021.
To apply please click the link below.
We are an organisation who is passionate about our people and understands that richness of diversity is a requirement to provide the best possible services to our communities. This is demonstrated through our council-wide ambitious commitment to tackle racial inequality in our communities and workforce through our Southwark Stands Together initiative. We particularly welcome applications from members of the black, Asian and ethnic minority communities to increase representation at senior management level in the Council.