Paid weeks per year: 52
Fixed term: Until August 2022
Start date: 1st November or as soon as possible
Following an unexpected resignation, we are looking for an experienced KS1 teacher to job share in a year 2 class and to cover year 1 and 2 classes for PPA. This post is fixed term until 31st August 2022 with the possibility it will be extended.
About the role
The successful candidate will be an inspirational class teacher, with good behaviour management and an interest in a creative approach to the curriculum. We are looking for someone who is:
- full of enthusiasm
- committed to creating a stimulating learning environment
- inspirational in the classroom
- committed to inclusion
We are looking for someone who has:
- Qualified teacher status (valid in the UK and Ireland)
- Evidence of outstanding teaching
- Evidence of leading a subject
- Prepared to teach other year groups in later years
- The ability to inspire others and work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong commitment to equal opportunities
- An understanding of relationship based behaviour policies
We can offer you a very exciting challenge in a happy school with:
- A friendly and genuinely supportive staff team
- Supportive parents and governors
- Children who want to learn
- Excellent opportunities for professional development
Queen’s Park Primary is strongly committed to creating a safe environment for our children and thorough safeguarding procedures will be followed.
Virtual Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school on 02173 686822 to make an appointment.
Closing date: 17th October
Interview date: To be confirmed (this will be a two part process with teachers invited to teach a class and return for interview)
Completed application forms accepted by email direct to the school address: firstname.lastname@example.org
School Office: (01273) 686822
Work Permits: We may be able to obtain a Work Permit for this post but this is subject to meeting the requirements of the UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Please see Gov.uk for more information on the Skilled Worker Visa.
Please note that this post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974, and is subject to a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) Check.
Brighton & Hove Schools - Taking Action for Equality
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Brighton & Hove Schools do not accept CV or resume.