Future Newham Programme Manager
£58,566 - £72,621 per annum
Newham is a vibrant, diverse and aspirational place, one of the youngest boroughs in London. We have set a radical new vision to increase the wealth of the local community, creating a future where Newham is recognised as a place of health, wellbeing and happiness. To deliver our vision, we are changing how we work.
You’ll be joining at a critical time for Newham, gaining the opportunity to shape how the organisation approaches change; helping us to shape the Future Newham programme and work in a more agile and people focussed way. The Future Newham Programme is an ambitious change programme that will transform Newham into an organisation that is capable of delivering the vision, mission and outcomes of our Towards a Better Newham Strategy and Corporate Delivery Plan. The programme is being designed to enable the council to:
- Fundamentally transform our culture and operating model, ensuring we universally adopt the flexibility, agility and innovation that characterised our response to the COVID-19 crisis across the entirety of the organisation;
- Review and unlock the wide-range of assets that the Council holds for the benefit of our residents, communities and businesses;
- Ensure that our use of our assets is fundamentally commercially sound, and delivers the best possible return on investment for Newham’s residents and the organisation;
- Maximise the transformation use of digital and data focused solutions to ensure that Newham is at the cutting edge of innovation and creativity in a world that is becoming increasingly digital and data driven.
About the Role
We are currently looking for an experienced Programme Manager to join us, who will lead the Future Newham programme and work as part of the Change and Insight Delivery team co-ordinating, supporting and delivering the corporate transformation portfolio.
This role will be responsible for the strategic direction and leadership of the Future Newham programme. The immediate priorities for the Future Newham Programme Manager will be to work closely with key stakeholders to design and establish a programme delivery structure, with proactive tracking, reporting and robust governance arrangements in place and to lead the programme team to start delivering the planned outcomes and benefits.
This role will involve complex negotiation with senior leadership and managers at both an operational and strategy level and an ability to communicate complicated programme information in a manner that is easily understood by leadership, staff and residents.
We are keen to hear from candidates with experience of delivering large, complex, multi-stakeholder programmes using proven programme management techniques. Previous experience of having delivered cultural change projects or programmes will be bonus.
With a key focus on programme delivery and management, you will have a proven track record in setting up programme or project offices and managing them on a day to day basis. We are looking for a team member who is:
- Driven to improve public services, and who has a real passion for delivering change at pace in a dynamic environment.
- Experienced in developing and maintaining PPM methods and standards
- Able to work with and produce reports for senior stakeholders
- A great self-starter and highly motivated
- Quick to digest and understand complex information
- Keen to listen to and understand diverse voices and perspectives
- Committed to working in a respectful and tolerant way
About Our Offer
- Flexible working arrangements; we are majority working from home
- Smarter Working with new modern technology
Our HEART values and a positive, nurturing and collaborative work environment
- Excellent transport links to the rest of the capital
- Permanent and stable (80% permanent) senior leadership with a consistent vision
- Wellbeing service, leisure and discount benefits
How to Apply
To apply please submit your CV and a supporting statement through our recruitment portal. The supporting statement should demonstrate how you meet the relevant requirements listed in the person specification in the job description. It should not exceed 2 sides of A4.
For more information about the skills we are looking for view the Job Description & Person Specification. If you would like an informal conversation about the role(s) please contact Nohaila Alavi on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date: 1st November 2021
Please view Future Newham Programme Manager Job Description