What you'll do
If you have the enthusiasm to provide excellent student accommodation services to our customers in line with our service standards, then why not join Optivo as a Deputy Accommodation Manager.
You’ll be leading on the local delivery of our operational plans ensuring KPI’s are achieved, contractual obligations are met and maximizing occupancy and income. You will help to ensure that we are complying with local risk management controls to ensure customers, contractors, partners and staff live or work in a safe environment. In addition, you will be managing the site office, staff and budget.
You will have a great opportunity to work collaboratively with central services, promoting engaging and positive relationships with our stakeholders.
What you’ll need
You’ll have experience of working as an Accommodation Manager and have knowledge of the direct lets market. In addition, you will possess the following:
- Understanding of student accommodation services including best practice, the regulatory framework and relevant legislation within which Registered Providers operate.
- Understanding of the ANUK framework for landlords managing accommodation
- Understanding of the sector trends
- Good knowledge of health & safety and compliance in a residential setting
- Good knowledge of equality and diversity
- Knowledge of IT systems used such as StarRez,
- Effective people management including staff development and motivation
- Able to analyse data and identify trends
- Contract management
- Project management
- Contractor management
- Preparing performance reports for management
- Effective communication skills
- Budget management.
- Can prioritise work to meet deadlines
- Ability to motivate the team to achieve performance targets
- Able to work under pressure with minimum supervision
- Self-motivated with a flexible approach to work
- Very good attention to detail and quality
- Able to work productively with internal departments, external partners and other bodies
- A ‘can do’, dynamic, proactive approach to problem solving
- Always willing to learn and continue in personal development by attending conferences, seminars, webinars and training
- Able to build effective collaborative relationships in Optivo.
What’s in it for you?
You’ll enjoy a great salary and benefits package, including 27 days (rising to 30 days) plus bank holidays, and a day off for your birthday. You can also buy and sell leave up to 5 days. We’ve generous pension and life assurance schemes too, plus a cycle to work scheme and travel loans. Add in a healthcare cash plan covering dental, glasses, physiotherapy, vaccinations, 24 hour GP and more, plus various high street discounts, (not to mention flexible working and in house career development opportunities) and we’re sure you’ll agree it’s a sound package. If you’re passionate about what you do and share our ambitions, we look forward to hearing from you.
Inclusion and Diversity
At Optivo we work hard to create a diverse and inclusive culture and environment where people are respected for who they are. Encouraging inclusion is not just about protected characteristics, it’s about celebrating differences of thought, opinion, experience and perspective of each individual. We’re all different in our own way and we want our colleagues to feel comfortable, that they belong, and are safe to be themselves at work, without fear of being judged or excluded, but valued for their contribution to our One Team approach.
Closing date for applications: 17th October 2021 at 23:59
Interview date: 2nd November 2021
To apply, please visit our website.
The Company has experienced unprecedented growth over the past few years. We have a vast number of employees, and provide support to clients from all over the country.