Working Pattern: Term Time +2 weeks
Newham PRUs comprise of Tunmarsh School, New Directions PRU and Phoenix Provision. We also manage and run education provisions at the Coborn Unit for Adolescent Mental Health.
We are seeking to appoint 2 Finance and Personnel Officers to join our business team based at Tunmarsh School.
Skills, experience and attributes:
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are paramount as the successful candidate will be dealing with suppliers, staff and other stakeholders.
The successful candidate should have experience working within a finance office/department and have knowledge and experience of FMS and SIMs.
Good ICT skills are essential for this role, including the use of Excel, Word and Outlook.
The candidate must be aware of Data Protection and confidentiality issues.
The main duties of this role include:
- Processing order requests and invoices into FMS in accordance with procedures.
- Make payment by purchase card as required, retaining high-quality audit records.
- Effectively deal with finance queries
- Maintaining high standards when managing confidential information, complying with the school’s GDPR procedures at all times.
- Produce personnel reports as required by the GDPR and HR Officer or the Senior Finance and Personnel Officer.
- Assist the administration of recruitment processes.
The successful candidate will be a flexible, proactive and enthusiastic individual who enjoys working in an environment that is not only varied but extremely busy. The role requires accuracy, reliability, integrity and an individual who is well organised, hard-working and can fulfil a wide range of financial and Personnel related administrative duties
- a competitive package of up to £20,485
- a supportive and dynamic leadership team and vibrant learning community
- a commitment to continuing professional development
Closing Date: 15 October 2021 Noon
Interview Date: Week commencing 18 October 2021
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to show they share this commitment; enhanced criminal records bureau disclosure is required for all staff.
Please apply through jobs go public ensuring that you submit a CV and Supporting Statement.
The supporting statement should demonstrate how you meet the relevant requirements listed in the person specification.
Shortlisting decisions will be based on candidates' relevant experience and on candidates' suitability for the role in line with the person specification, as described in their supporting statement.
Please view Finance and Personnel Officer Job Description