We have an exciting opportunity for a full-time post to join the existing Valuation and Inspection team responsible for maintaining the Council Tax and Business Rates property databases.
Working as part of the Revenues team within the Revenues and Benefits service, you will be responsible for visiting both residential dwellings and commercial premises in order to confirm liability and eligibility to reductions. Therefore, you will need to be knowledgeable across both areas in what constitutes occupation and the reductions available.
You will require a good understanding of the Council Tax and Non-domestic valuation process including the unit of assessment and how material changes can affect the valuation.
You will be expected to carry out inspections and follow up actions to maintain and ultimately increase the property database for both Council Tax and Business Rates. This will require regular liaison with the Valuation Officer Agency including the processing and balancing of schedules.
- You will be an individual who demonstrates a compassionate, enthusiastic, respectful and `can-do` approach to work, as you will be dealing with our residents and local businesses.
- Excellent communication and customer care skills are essential as you will be the face of the authority.
- You must be able to work as part of a team to deliver an excellent service to the people we support and be flexible in your approach to work.
- You will have a commitment to equality and diversity and take a positive approach to supporting others.
- You will also be required to have a good knowledge of using a revenues system and Microsoft packages.
- You will have excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise workloads in a busy working environment.
If you have any questions about the post please contact Andrew.email@example.com