Enfield Catering Area Manager (Permanent)
Term Time, 41 weeks a year. Full time, 36 hours per week.
The advertised salary is for full time work, 52 weeks per year. The position offered is 41 weeks per year and the actual salary will be adjusted proportionately.
Hourly rate: £18.58 to £20.10
This is an exciting time for us, so we are looking for an Area Manager to enhance our business. Reporting to the Commercial Operations Manager, you will be an innovative, creative and customer-focused team player who can lead their team and is a real foodie operator, someone who has plenty of energy & charisma and is looking to be part of an exciting project with a local authority.
Our contracts have a strong focus on school meals with a growing portfolio of additional catering opportunities, so someone with multi-site experience is preferred. You will have a keen understanding of the school meals sector and the overall catering environment but will also be able to bring a fresh pair of eyes to the table. Leading from the front, you will be key in the development and strategy of our vision.
- Responsibility for several contracts reporting directly to the Commercial Operations Manager.
- Lead a strand of the Enfield Catering Service development plan
- Financially and commercially astute to understand your own profit and loss accounts
- Developing great working relationships with Clients, Unit Managers and Suppliers
- Assisting the Unit Managers to provide high quality meals and build great teams
- Ensuring all your teams have the support they need to carry out their jobs to the highest standard
- Monitoring Health and Safety, due diligence and Training and Development within your Units and providing support where needed
The Successful Candidate
- Passion for food and customer service
- Understand the importance of the Food Standards and young people
- Excellent business acumen
- Motivator of staff with excellent client relationships
- Excellent man management skills
- Financially astute
- IT literate
- Excellent client relationships
- Knowledge of Saffron Nutritional software preferred, but not essential
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax free bikes for work
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 Wednesday 6 October 2021
Interview Date: Friday 15 October 2021
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this postThe salary advertised is for full time work, the positions offered are part time and term time, actual salary will be adjusted proportionately. If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Scott Atkins on 0208 132 1307 or Scott.Atkins@enfield.gov.uk.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact James Barrington on 0204 5265175 or James.Barrington@enfield.gov.uk.