Break the cycle case worker x 2
12 Month fixed term opportunity/Secondment
London Borough of Enfield are launching a pilot programme to support women who have experienced multiple removals of their children. The aim of the programme will be to work intensively with these women, to support them to make changes and to work with services to prevent further proceedings in respect of any subsequent pregnancies.
The Break the Cycle Case Worker will be expected to work holistically with women and if appropriate other family members to help them to identify and tackle challenging behaviours, reduce negative relationships, securing a positive pathway for improvement in their life choices and therefore improving outcomes for them and any further children.
The post holder will work in partnership with the women to identify, broker and secure appropriate services to meet identified needs, as well as providing direct support to embed early help processes.
We are looking for two confident, experienced and skilled case workers with experience in working directly with service users. The applicants must hold a NVQ level4 qualification or equivalent in the field of Child Care, Education, Health, Youth work or the voluntary sector with a least 2 years’ experience of working within a Social care setting, have good written skills and the ability to carry out assessments, written reports and evaluating outcomes. keep accurate records, organise, plan and coordinate work. Full essential criteria is displayed within the person specification
Fixed Term post/Secondment Opportunity
An external candidate, including Enfield Council agency workers, would be appointed on a fixed term contract, whilst internal candidates who are Council employees, would normally be expected to take up the post on a secondment basis.
To be eligible to apply for a secondment, Enfield Council employees must have completed probation and must have discussed/agreed the proposed secondment with their line manager. Fixed term contracts may be considered where secondment is not possible.
Secondments are the temporary loan of an employee from one part of the organisation to another part of the organisation and rely on the secondee to return to their substantive position on completion of the secondment.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date 23:59 8th October 2021
Interview date: Interviews will be held face to face on 19th October 2021
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon on 0208 132 1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Jessica Hallaways on 020 8132 2267 for an informal discussion
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.