Peabody has an exciting opportunity for a Community Mobilisation Manager to join our team. You will join us on a full time, 12 month fixed term contract. In return, you will receive a competitive salary of £47,000 - £53,000 per annum.
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
About the Community Mobilisation Manager role:
Peabody Community Foundation deliver their outcomes by mobilising communities, working in partnership with local VCS organisations and strategic partners, and by influencing others.
Peabody Community Foundations outcomes are:
- Boosting incomes
- Developing aspirations and skills
- Improved health and wellbeing
- Engaged and active communities
The Community Mobilisation Manager is responsible for leading this team.
Responsibilities of our Community Mobilisation Manager:
- Oversee delivery of programmes, ensuring that they further PCF objectives. These programmes are delivered by the Volunteering, Youth Social Action and Partnerships & Digital teams. You manage the Leads in these teams
- Ensure community mobilisation principles are applied throughout all we do - that we always involve relevant stakeholders in design and delivery
- Support the team to effectively collaborate internally and externally - this is key to our success
- Ensure effective budget management and compliance with all Peabody policies
- Support design of internal strategies such as the organisations Partnerships & Grants strategy
Skills and experience of our Community Mobilisation Manager:
- Passionate about addressing social inequality, you are inquisitive, actively learning about the world and why things are the way they are. You look forward to learning from others and trying out new approaches.
- Ambitious for your services, team and self; you are an autonomous, resilient, self-starter that enjoys making decisions and being responsible and accountable for services and their results at a strategic and operational level
- Strong interpersonal skills, you are able to work with a range of stakeholders to achieve results, from strategic partners to colleagues and customers
- Strong facilitation and group working skills, you are able to bring people together to share observations, generate insights and make decisions
- Effective people manager, you create a culture of trust, respect and openness. You proactively motivate your teams, peers and stakeholders and utilise and develop their abilities
- Effective and creative service manager at a senior level, you deliver results and meet milestones. You swiftly identify, respond and adapt to changes in the environment to ensure you and your teams achieve desired outcomes and objectives
- Strong written communication skills, able to author high quality reports and proposals
- Ability to understand, analyse, contextualise and explore a range of data, performance metrics and outcomes to generate hypotheses and reach conclusions
- Able to design and conduct qualitative research to generate data and insight, and to support your teams to achieve this for their workstreams
Closing date: Sunday 26th September 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Community Mobilisation Manager, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST