LONDON BOROUGH OF WALTHAM FOREST
Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service
Community Engagement Coordinator
APT&C PO1- £33,324 pro-rata (Including London Weighting)
Waltham Forest Adult Learning Service is the local authority’s direct provider of adult and community education and work-based training. Officially rated as “Good” following our OFSTED inspection in July 2016.
We are looking for enthusiastic, creative and committed individual to join the Community Learning Team, so If you feel you can bring a fresh approach, some new ideas and a commitment to supporting residents across the borough to access a wider range of learning and training opportunities alongside playing an active role in the community then we want to hear from you. The role Community Engagement Coordinator would report to the Senior Programme Manager – Community and Family Learning.
As a Community Engagement Coordinator – Part time 4 days a week your duties will include:
- Develop, maintain and co-ordinate effective links with partner organisations e.g. community organisations, local businesses, and community groups.
- Promote widening participation across Waltham Forest through the delivery and promotion of high quality learning activities to attract local residents ALS through the provision of bespoke Community and Family Learning programmes and initiatives.
- Work with identified priority groups, offering bespoke learning and training opportunities consulting on specific needs,
- Support key marketing and promotion events across the borough.
- Demonstrate excellent IT skills and be able to record information clearly and professionally.
- Good verbal communication skills; be able to liaise professionally with a range of internal and external stakeholders across te borough.
- identify opportunities for joint activities and new initiatives which will improve the quality and scope of the curriculum offer.
- Flexible approach to working shift patterns, which will include evening and weekend hours, and bank holidays.
Closing Date is: Friday 1st October 2021
Interviews to be held on: Week commencing 11th October 2021
Start Date: Flexible, ideally by the end of October 2021
If you already work for the Adult Learning Service, please complete an internal application form