Provide information, support and guidance to customers at risk of homelessness to reduce the risk of eviction.
- Support customers with complex needs around tenancy sustainment including budgeting, support to get into training and education, dealing with tenancy related issues, and signposting to specialist agencies.
- Engage with appropriate stakeholders and specialist agencies to improve positive outcomes for people at risk of homelessness.
- Use specialist skill, knowledge and experience to ensure improved understanding of homelessness prevention in the team.
- Offer training, both formal and informal in area of specialism to the team including expert advice and guidance as required.
- Work collaboratively with partners to ensure the best overall outcome for the people of Essex.
- Participate in all parts of the service from the initial referral, being able to confidently triage to the right level of support, completing assessments and crisis support as required and to hold an individual caseload of customers
- Offer support at drop-ins across the County, providing support, advice or guidance as needed.
- Encourage customers to recognise the benefit of additional support services related to their mental health, drug and alcohol misuse problems, or other health issues and assist with access to these services.,
- Plan a structured programme with the customers to reduce the support, making them aware of the drop-in service provided should they need one off support, advice or guidance.
- Promote self-advocacy and advocate for all customers
Areas are primarily Brentwood and Epping however, travel maybe required within the Essex area.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.