This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
For almost 160 years, Peabody has been focused on making things better for people and communities. Although we have achieved positive outcomes for many, we know that to sustainably address social challenges, we need to address the root causes. So, we developed a community strategy that not only places people at the centre of everything we do, but also seeks to better understand the systems within which we all work and live.
Peabody Community Foundation supports residents to live healthier, wealthier, happier lives. We have 4 outcome areas underpinning this:
•Developing skills and aspirations
•Building engaged and active communities
•Improving health and wellbeing
We primarily deliver these outcomes through mobilising the community and working in partnership with a range of stakeholders including the VCS, Local Authorities, and our supply chain. To do this effectively, we have Local Area Plans for our boroughs with high levels of stock. These enable us to respond to residents’ needs long term and in a way that reflects the local context. We are looking for a Local Area Plan Manager to:
•Identify local priorities of residents, organisations, and other relevant stakeholders within that borough. This may be done through commissioning research and involving stakeholders (residents, internal/external partners) in research, design and decision making
•Work with internal and external strategic partners to identify opportunities in response to these priorities, and take these forward to produce outcomes
•Manage projects and delivery budgets of circa £50k. These will often be delivered with partners. You will try new things and refine ways of working to develop best practice.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead on a trail blazing piece of work and shape PCFs approach to locality working. You will act as a catalyst for systemic local change, making a genuine difference. You will put residents at the heart of what we do – understanding what is important to them and generating insights that you use to influence, shape and create services that matter. You will have access to the resources and opportunities that being part of the Peabody group offer and will work collaboratively with a range of experts and teams including Neighbourhood Managers, Data & Insight team, and Communications. In this role you will have autonomy and will drive the work forward through collaboration. Our priority is Peabody tenants but we know communities aren’t determined by tenure and therefore we respond to our tenants needs but reach beyond them with our impact.
You will work across one or more boroughs and will manage Local Area Plan Lead/s to support delivery.
- Strong interpersonal skills, you are able to work with a range of stakeholders to achieve results, from strategic partners to colleagues and customers
- Strong facilitation and group working skills, you are able to bring people together to share observations, generate insights and make decisions
- Effective people manager, you create a culture of trust, respect and openness. You proactively motivate direct reports and utilise and develop their abilities
- Effective and creative project manager, you deliver results and meet milestones. You swiftly identify, respond and adapt to changes in the environment to ensure you achieve desired outcomes and objectives
- Strong written communications skills, able to author high quality reports and project proposals
- Ability to understand, analyse, contextualise and explore a range of data, performance metrics and outcomes to generate hypotheses and reach conclusions
- Able to design and conduct qualitative research to generate data and insight
- Experience of designing and managing a range of services for the benefit of others, with creativity and flair
- Able to effectively manage budgets £100k<
Experience of managing co-invested projects
Knowledge of Human Centered Design and Systems Thinking.
Please note this is a 12 month fixed term contract.
If you experience any technical issues please email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job number and title.
At Peabody, where possible, we provide flexible working opportunities from day one to our employees, as we recognise the importance of a good work-life balance; and to improve our productivity and performance, we embrace agile working, which means if you are in a desk based role, that will be a hybrid of office and home working. If your role is in a client facing environment, appropriate base location will apply.
Our mission is to help people make the most of their lives and an important part of this is to ensure that our organisation reflects the wider communities we serve. We want to attract recruit and retain a diverse, inclusive and creative workforce to give us the best opportunity to meet the diverse needs of our residents and customers. We actively encourage applications from all groups and communities, as well as from BAME, LGBTQ+ and disabled people.