We are looking to recruit pool staff to support learners with additional needs who are enrolled on our courses. Pool staff are managed by the Learning Support Coordinator.
Flexible part-time hours are available during the day, evenings and/or weekends to support adults with additional English and/or Maths needs within, or outside, of the classroom. Support may be based at one of our main centres in Walthamstow or Leytonstone, or remotely according to Government guidelines.
Learning Support Assistants employed in the pool, work with individuals or small groups of adult learners of same, similar or mixed level abilities who have been identified from their course as requiring some support or who self-refer for additional support. Adult learners are all part-time and may attend classes for as few as two hours each week.
Learning Support Assistant (pool) Staff are required to:
- hold English and Math qualifications at Level 2 or higher (obtained within last 5 years)
- have a minimum experience of 1 year supporting adults in a classroom/educational setting
- be confident to support learners with ICT skills and applications
- be available to work, on a regular weekly basis each academic term at any of the allocated two main sites (Walthamstow & Leytonstone)
- liaise with manager, lecturers and learners to obtain necessary information to support learner needs
- complete records of evidence outlining support given and keep a register of attendance
How to Apply
Application Information The councils preference is for on-line application forms. However if you have a disability and are unable to complete an on-line application, please ring 0208 496 4227 who will be able to arrange an alternative. For more information on how to complete your application form, follow this link: Applying for a job at Waltham Forest Council
Click here for further information on the Human Resources recruitment privacy notice.