Ford Lane, Rainham, RM13 7AR
Telephone No: 01708-551-712
Email Address: email@example.com
School Website: whybridge.co.uk
Head Teacher: Miss S K Longhurst
Home-School Support Worker
Hours per week: 12.5hpw, 38 weeks per year (term time)
Grade 4, Scale point 10 - 15
Actual Salary: £7,042 - £7,699 p.a.
Permanent post required from October 2021
We are seeking to appoint an enthusiastic, dynamic person to join our team and take a lead in supporting pupils and their families to overcome barriers to learning and improve opportunities for engagement with education and wider services.
The role will involve liaising with families to discuss pupils’ wider needs and to act as a point of information for wider services. You will be familiar with and knowledgeable on a wide range of services for children and families and may act as a middle-man for ensuring that families can access theses services effectively. You will assist in school routines such as attendance and first day calling, assessing pupil’s wider needs and assisting in general administrative procedures to ensure good record keeping and protection of data/ safeguarding of pupils. You will be a part of the administrative team who are parent facing as a first point of contact. You will have access to pupils, their families and sensitive, personal information, therefore a good working knowledge of safeguarding is of paramount importance.
See the person specification for the skills and attributes we are looking for.
We can provide:
- A small family-feel atmosphere
- A well-resourced, well-maintained environment
- Well behaved and engaging children
- Colleagues who are friendly, motivated, dedicated and collaborative
- Supportive management
- Free access to a professional 24/7 employee assistance programme (to support your wellbeing)
- Training for the role
- PPE where relevant
- Pay, terms and conditions in line with national guidance, local government and union negotiated standards (including the lengthy school holidays at home)
- Occasional flexible working where this is in the interest of both the school and employee
- Occasional additional opportunities such as overtime, extra duties, training
- Possible expansion of the role in the future (hours/ responsibilities)
- A school graded ‘good’ by Ofsted
Staff agree that this is an enjoyable school to work in and we look forward to receiving your application soon. Good luck!
Please visit the school website for full details on all the checks and vetting procedures we undertake on successful candidates before employing them:
whybridge.co.uk | staff & other adults | staff recruitment
Visits to the school at this time are not possible due to the current pandemic restrictions and risk assessments, however phone calls are warmly welcomed if you have questions about the role and we strongly recommend visiting the school website to find out more about us.
- Please apply using the online application form at jobs go public.
- CVs will not be accepted.
- We regret that we can only contact those applicants who will be granted an interview due to volume of applications. If you do not hear from us before the interview date please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.
Interviews will most likely take place over zoom and you will need to have the facilities to be able to do this. More information can be found on the school website: whybridge.co.uk | staff & other adults | staff recruitment
Closing Date: 09:00am Mon 27th September 2021
Interview Date: Week commencing 27th September 2021