We are looking for an enthusiastic and dynamic social worker to join our SGO and Connected Persons Team with experience in Special Guardianship/Connected Persons/Foster care matters.
The task of the SGO and Connected Persons Team is to:
- Undertake Viability and Schedule 4 assessments to a good standard.
- Undertake Full SGO and Kinship Assessments to a good standard and to court ordered timescales.
- To present Viability/Schedule 4 Assessments to the Fostering & Adoption Panel for Regulation 25 extensions.
- To present Kinship Assessments to the Fostering & Adoption Panel for full approval.
- To supervise Regulations 24 & 25 carers until a final approval by the Fostering & Adoption Panel.
- To complete court ordered statements to a good standard.
- To present cases at the Practice Support Group meetings and actively participate in the session drawing on their experience and understanding on research and theories impinging on the child/family dynamics.
- To develop sound child centred SGO support plans collaboratively with the Child’s Social Worker.
- To assist the Finance Officer in undertaking financial assessments of SGO/Kinship carers in a timely manner.
- To present completed financial assessments to the Finance Panel prior to the granting of SGO orders by the court.
- To undertake a Foster carers assessment for new carers to a good standard within timescale and present to the Fostering & Adoption Panel for approval.