Clockhouse Primary School
Clockhouse Lane, Collier Row, Romford, RM5 3QR
Telephone: 01708 745972
Headteacher: Mrs Jo Savidge
Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Hours: 32.5 hours per week x 39 weeks per year (term time only) Monday to Friday
Grade: Grade 4 Points 10-15
Pro rata salary: £18,773 - £20,524 per annum (£24,258 - £26,520 full time salary p.a)
To Start: Required ASAP
Clockhouse is a large Primary School, which is a popular community school situated in Collier Row. The school was rated Good by Ofsted (January 2020) in all areas:
‘Clockhouse Primary School continues to be a good school. There is enough evidence of improved performance to suggest that the school could be judged outstanding if we were to carry out a section 5 inspection now.’
Ofsted Inspection January 2020
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the school and the Governing Body are eager to appoint an HLTA to join our Clockhouse Family and to support the smooth running of the school on a daily basis.
The HLTA will teach individuals, groups and whole classes either on their own or in the presence of a teacher and/or other learning assistant. They will also supervise/cover classes (without the presence of a teacher) in the event of planned or unplanned absence by other teachers in the school.
The HTLA may manage a team of Learning Assistants and may be expected to supervise the work of Learning Support Assistants and will be expected to make a contribution to their professional development. The successful applicants will be expected to work across the primary age range but on a daily basis will either be responsible for working from Reception to Year 3.
We ask that interested applicants are:
- Committed to our school values of Nurture, Respect, Learning, Community, Excellence and Excitement
- Outstanding practitioners;
- Committed to high standards of achievement and behaviour;
- Able to work as part of a team but also show initiative to work independently;
- Are highly motivated and enthusiastic;
- Committed to Continued Professional Development and able to inspire and motivate others.
Our school offers:
- Enthusiastic children;
- A well-resourced environment and a strong commitment to School Improvement;
- A firm commitment to the Continuing Professional Development of all staff;
- Friendly and supportive working environment, with opportunities to progress in your career.
We consider this to be an exciting opportunity for applicants looking to work in a supportive and inclusive environment where commitment to development of the whole child is paramount.
Come and meet our children and staff. Please phone the school to arrange an appointment.
Please apply online.
Closing date for applications: Thursday 16th September
Interviews to be held: Week beginning: Monday 20th September