Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity to take a leading role in the delivery of high quality legal advice for London's second largest council. Our ethos is based on excellent client care to ensure that these standards are met to deliver the council vision of 'putting our residents first.
We are looking for a Barrister, Solicitor or a Chartered Legal Executive with a minimum of two years post qualification experience. You will have recent experience of town and country planning law and practice. Proven ability to conduct cases through the Courts and Tribunals and advocate at civil and criminal Courts and Public Inquiries. You will be a highly effective communicator, listener and problem solver, with a thorough knowledge of public sector law and administration.
You will be joining a highly regarded legal service with Lexcel accreditation and a proven commitment to on-going professional development.
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses
We want to be an inclusive and diverse employer of first choice reflecting the community we serve and particularly welcome applications from all underrepresented groups.
Closing date: Tuesday 17 August 2021.
Interview date: TBC