Job no: 500237
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Department: Customer Services
Peabody is looking for an environmental operative- grounds
To carry out bed maintenance, including leaf removal, weeding and pruning and a variety of soft and hard landscape maintenance with hand tools or machines
- To carry out grass to cutting, both with hand machines and ride-on machines
- To remove leaves from both hard and soft landscapes areas
- To remove litter from both hard and soft landscape areas including bins
- To carry out weed and pest control
- To assist with the waterways when required
- To assist park-mobile when required
- To assist the tree gangs when required
- To ensure that paths are salted where and when appropriate and participate in the snow clearance
- To wear all protective clothing and uniform provided
- To ensure that Peabody H&S requirements as a landlord, as a service provider and as an employee are adhered to
- Basic literacy skills desirable or ability to undertake training.
- Understanding of Health and Safety in the work place, with the ability to apply this with due regard whilst working in public areas.
- General knowledge relating to landscaping supported either by qualification or significant experience
- Ability to carry out environmental works as contained in the job description paying attention to the very physical nature of the work and working in cold and dirty conditions.
- General experience of environmental works in landscaping field.
- Practical experience supported by the ability to develop and undertake training
- Ability to use all communication equipment.
- Demonstrates practical experience in the use of a wide range of powered equipment with the ability to train as and when required.
- Competent driver with a full valid driving licence is essential along with the ability to drive to min 3500Kg
- Horticultural qualifications gained through short modular route or formal training
Attendance bonus will be paid in November, this can be up to c £900.
25 days holiday, rising to 28 days after completion of 5 years service.
Basic Salary+ Annual Bonus + Employee Benefit & Reward Scheme.
Previous applicants are requested not to reapply.