Are you a committed and experienced social worker who is passionate about children and young people? If so, Enfield Council is the place for you. We are always seeking build on our good social worker practice to achieve an outstanding service for our children and young people to keep them safe and help them achieve positive outcomes.
We are seeking to recruit qualified social workers to undertake quality assessments, develop clear and focused plans, ensure the timely delivery of effective services.
As a qualified and professionally registered social worker with Social Work England, you will have knowledge of current legislation, have demonstrated your experience and abilities in respect of working in partnership with children, young people, families, and partner agencies. You will have over 2 years’ experience of working with vulnerable children and their families, preferably in a statutory setting, and ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, as well as the ability to work individually and as part of a team. Your drive, enthusiasm and high aspirations will contribute to our journey to deliver exceptional outcomes for the children and young people of Enfield.
In order to attract high calibre candidates to fulfil our ambitions, we are offering competitive packages, excellent training and development opportunities, and to be part of a highly committed workforce, partners and colleagues striving to deliver even better outcomes for children and young people in the borough and to be the best they can be.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
- Scheme to buy additional Annual Leave
- A Sabbatical scheme –allowing social workers to claim one month off paid
- Flexible working arrangements
- Foster Carer Policy – Allows an employee to attend essential meetings and training to support their role as a foster carer
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
This post will remain open until it is filled or no longer available. Applications will be reviewed on a first come first served basis. If you are interested, we would encourage you to apply as soon as possible. Once filled the vacancy will be withdrawn. If you do choose to apply I would be grateful if you would email me email@example.com
Please note if you have applied for this job reference number already your application is in review.
To apply please click on the apply button below
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. a supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Andrea Walkerdine on 0208 132 1022 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would like to know more about the role, Please contact Bernadette Eugene-Charlery Child Protection and Family Support Service Manager on 0208 132 0300 or at Bernadette.Eugene-Charlery@enfield.gov.uk or Florah Shiringo Head of Early Help and Protection on 0208 132 2156 or at email@example.com
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment.