Operations Manager Contact Tracing
Do you have a good knowledge & understanding of current public health issues particularly in relation to COVID -19, including knowledge of the contact tracing and the national NHS Test and Trace system?
Do you have extensive experience of managing and motivating teams?
Do you have experience of providing public health, or other healthcare advice?
Are you great with people and passionate about delivering excellent customer service?
If so, then we would like to hear from you.
This is an exciting time to join us as we expand our COVID – 19 contact tracing capabilities to meet the projected demands of the service. Local contact tracing is a key element of the national and local public health strategy to effectively contain Covid-19 infection.
You will be accountable for the management and development of the City’s test, trace and support services. You will work with the Team Leader to lead, manage and develop a team of contact tracers through a period of considerable change, to adopt new ways of delivering excellent quality services to the residents of Brighton and Hove.
You will contribute to the delivery of the BHCC Local Outbreak Plan (LOP) which all Local Authorities are required to have in place to help prevent and contain the transmission of COVID -19. You will be working closely with the wider public health team and external organisations such as Public Health England, contributing to the management of complex cases and outbreaks.
Currently COVID -19 Contact tracing is managed between NHS Track & Trace and Local Contact Tracing Partnerships managed by Local Authorities. Since January 2021 the Brighton and Hove Local Contact Tracing Partnership has been delivered by Brighton and Hove Community Hub, which was established in April 2020 to support residents who were shielding, others with support needs related to the pandemic and residents who are self-isolating.
National developments mean that an increasing number and proportion of cases will be managed by the Local Tracing Partnership and delivered by Local Authorities.
You will play a key role in helping us shape the expansion of this service.
Fixed term until end of March 2022
We would be happy to consider anyone who would like to apply on the basis of a secondment from their substantive job. If you would like to apply on the basis of a secondment please get the agreement from your manager before applying.
Closing Date: Midnight 1 August 2021
Shortlisting Date: Monday 2 August 2021
Interview date: Thursday or Friday 5 or 6 August 2021
For an informal discussion, please contact Edd Yeo on email email@example.com.
About the role
Your main duties will include:
• To establish and build highly effective and collaborative working partnerships with Executive Leaders, senior managers, Members, partners, agencies and the voluntary sector to lead, manage and develop the city’s test, trace and support services. Undertaking this in accordance with current national and local policies and procedures.
• Accountable for leading, managing and developing the teams delivering the City’s test, trace, support services to ensure the provision of responsive service delivery.
• Be a visible and competent role model, developing and monitoring team standards.
• Responsible for ensuring audits and evaluations of the test, trace and support services take place and are effective to ensure the ongoing performance of the service is maintained and improved.
• Responsible for the development and review of service improvement plans and ensure areas of improvement are identified and implemented.
• Overall responsibility for the management of budgets, ensuring that budget targets are met. To manage, control and review all expenditure and income, within the service budgets.
• To manage risk and make high level independent decisions.
• Present reports, briefings and other communications at Member Committees and other Boards, Partner Forums and multi-agency meetings.
• Responsible for ensuring that good customer service and good customer experience are embedded in the service delivery models and the customer is managed and supported throughout the test trace customer journey
You must be a strong leader with excellent communication and negotiation skills. You must also have good ICT and problem solving skills and be able to make appropriate decisions based on sound judgement and risk, even when working alone or in pressurised situations.
We highly recommend you read the ‘Maximise your Chances’ below before you apply for this job. It is important you are able to show how you meet the Person Specification when applying. Not following this guidance is likely to reduce your chances of success.
Your starting salary will be pro rata if the above position is less than 37 hours or term-time only.
Work Permits: This role does not meet the requirement for UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) Points-based Immigration System. Successful candidates will need to evidence that they have the Right to Work in the UK.
Please note that this post is subject to a Basic Disclosure Criminal Records Check.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community but particularly encourage applicants from a BME or White Other background as well as those who identify as disabled, male or trans as these groups are currently under-represented in our Directorate workforce.