Job Title: Senior Occupational Therapist
Salary/Grade: £40,869 - £46,839 per annum (bar at scale point 38)
Hours per Week: 36 hours per week
Nature of Employment: Permanent
Location: Hounslow House, 7 Bath Road, Hounslow TW3 3EB
Would you like to be a part of The London Borough of Hounslow, whose diverse workforce are committed to making a positive difference for our residents and visitors by ensuring the quality of our services are maintained to a high standard?
The Council is embarking upon a major programme of change to modernise the way we work and reduce our carbon footprint. In April 2019 we moved to Hounslow House, a new landmark building located in Hounslow town centre, our new technology will enable staff to work remotely and flexibly to improve the service we provide to residents and to help our staff achieve a better work/life balance.
About the team
Hounslow is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and motivated Senior Occupational Therapist to join our service which is committed to driving forward key agendas on personalisation and integrated working. You will be part of a team of Occupational Therapists and Assistants and would be working alongside another Senior Occupational Therapist and a Team manager. The role is crucial to maintaining the day to day running of the team and you would be working closely with Social work colleagues and the other teams within the Council and Health services.
- Line manage Occupational Therapists and Occupational Therapy Assistants.
- Triage incoming referrals and prioritise appropriately.
- Authorise assessments, support plans and justifications.
- Attend meetings on behalf of the Occupational Therapy service and deputise for the Team Manager when necessary and appropriate.
- Provide support to the team through supervision and informal discussion.
- Provide professional decision making and judgement.
- To remain calm and supportive whilst working under pressure.
Essential for the Role
- Experience in working in Adult Social Care Occupational Therapy. You should hold a degree or equivalent qualification in Occupational Therapy.
- DBS check is required for the role.
This post is considered by the authority to be a customer-facing position; as such it falls within scope of the Code of Practice on English language requirement for public sector workers. The council therefore has a statutory duty under Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 to ensure that post holders have a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective performance of the job requirements. The appropriate standards are set out in the employee specification.
If you would like an informal conversation regarding the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply please visit the link below
Closing date: 18th August 202
Interviews will be held on 25th August 2021