Senior Exchequer Officer - Pensions Team x1
Salary: £30,585 - £31,557 pa
Contract Type : Permanent
Hours : 36 Hours
Enfield Council is a modern and rapidly progressing council and this post is a fantastic opportunity for those who have experience in Local Government Pension administration.
- Calculation of pension benefits in line with LGPS regulations and associated legislation
- Processing Retirements, Transfers, deaths and divorce cases,
- Dealing with member queries, estimates and some project work
- Knowledge of the Local Government Pension Scheme and associated legislation
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good numerical and analytical skills, including interpreting detailed and complex financial information
- Exceptional customer services skills
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Your CV
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 pages your application may not be considered or reviewed.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 11:59pm on the 30th July 2021
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Farida Uddin on 0208 132 1027 or email@example.com
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Tim O'Connor on 0208 379 8905 for an informal discussion