We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Business Partner to join our team. This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home-based. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £53,000 - £58,000 per annum.
About the Finance Business Partner role:
Across Peabody, managers and executives depend on their Finance Business Partner to provide insight into financial results. We are looking for strong, talented finance professionals to fill this need for clients in Corporate Services. You will have full responsibility for partnering with Corporate Services and financial analysis for new ways of working and other exciting projects.
To be successful in this role you will need to have significant finance experience and proven track record at Finance Business Partner level. You will have an ability to develop relevant financial analysis for key strategic decisions and capital projects. You must have excellent communication and organisational skills. You will be able to develop a sound understanding of the business to proactively support their financial needs.
Responsibilities of our Finance Business Partner:
- Act as the finance lead across a range of for Corporate Services, working with Directorate and departmental management teams.
- Work with internal customers to determine the financial implications of legislative, demographic and policy changes.
- Provide Finance representation at management teams and Programme and Project Boards.
- Review benchmarking information and other comparative data sources to identify opportunities for cost improvements.
- To support services in identifying funding sources for projects and help prepare bidding documentation.
- Ensure that expenditure is in line with Directorate priorities.
- Ensure that the budget monitoring position is understood and that mitigating corrective action is taken where overspends are projected.
- Commission work from the functional specific teams across the Finance Directorate.
- Ensure commentary and reports are relevant, concise and provide valuable insight appropriate for the audience.
- Ensure budget holders are sufficiently skilled to carry out their responsibilities and adhere to Peabody’s financial regulations.
- To provide coaching and mentoring support to other finance professionals when required.
As our Finance Business Partner, we are looking for:
- CCAB accountancy or other qualification with post qualification experience.
- Experience of working as a finance business partner, with evidence of successfully advising and influencing senior management.
- Experience of managing complex financial issues in an environment of change.
- Experience developing financial models to support key strategic decisions and track progress on long term projects.
- Excellent ability to take complex financial information and provide insight and analysis to senior management to help them strategically manager their business.
- Understand how metrics and measures align and track against overall business strategies, goals and objectives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including influencing skills and ability to develop business networks and work collaboratively with central group functions, and Corporate Services colleagues.
- Ability to work effectively with high level internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise initiative and good judgement in delivering a service and Peabody’s aims and objectives.
- Sound up to date knowledge of UK GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Understanding of the regulatory framework for landlords (desirable).
Closing date: Sunday 25th July 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Finance Business Partner, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST