Hillingdon Council: Putting our Residents first.
About the role
This is a key role in the development , testing, supporting, documentation and maintenance of new or amended digital software systems or functions within agreed development and security standards and processes.
The senior digital software engineer will:
● follow standards and processes and translating requirements into workable digital software solutions for use on the council website, and in the council's cloud tenancy.
● be required to develop and maintain API integrations from web services provided by third parties.
● Use GOSS web tools , or similar, to integrate web functionality with back office systems or other third party systems.
● In conjunction with the Solution Design Team deliver best practice solutions and designs,
● Mentoring and Training colleagues and ensuring best practices are met.
● Provide support and maintenance, and quality technical documentation to developed solutions.
The following demonstrable experience and skills are essential for this post holder:
● Experience developing web solutions using GOSS web tools or similar, including FORMS, Case Management and using End Points.
The following demonstrable experience and skills are highly desirable:
● Experience developing Microsoft Forms, Power Automate and Power Apps
What we offer
We offer a range of Company benefits. These vary according to the business area and role but may include:
- local government average salary pension scheme
- free parking (4 days a week) if based at the Civic Centre
- a 36-hour week for all full-time staff
- generous holiday entitlement: a minimum 25 days a year (plus bank holidays), rising to 28 days after five years' service. For more senior positions holiday entitlements can rise to a maximum of 36 days
- career breaks
- flexible working hours
- season ticket loan
- access to a Credit Union
- on-site staff restaurant at Civic Centre
- access to a wide range of training and courses
- discount on a variety of Adult Education courses run by the Council
- payment of professional fees where these are required
- discounts at council-owned leisure centres and swimming pools at Hillingdon (Uxbridge), Queensmead (South Ruislip), Highgrove (Ruislip) and Botwell Green (Hayes)
- cycle purchase scheme
- car sharing scheme
- 30% discount on green fees at council-owned golf courses