Lawyer - Safeguarding Advocate
Enfield Legal Services is a friendly and progressive team focussed on delivering our clients’ objectives.
We are looking for a Safeguarding Advocate, specialising in care proceedings, who may be a solicitor, barrister, Legal Executive or equivalent. The successful candidate will be able to represent the council in both routine and complex hearings across the full range of local authority family work, including case management hearings, contested hearings and final hearings.
The ideal candidate will be able to make a significant contribution to Legal Services and the Council, will be a team player who can demonstrate self-motivation and flexibility. The ability to work to tight timescales/deadlines is essential for this role. The role will sometimes require working outside normal office hours. Knowledge of computers and relevant office packages is required.
The appointment may be made at grade MM1 or MM2 depending on experience.
The successful candidate will be a fulltime advocate in care proceedings matters, including preparation of the necessary practice direction documents in readiness for the hearing. Experience of and a willingness to undertake advocacy in the Court of Protection would be an advantage.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format. Please indicate on your supporting statement the grade you wish to apply for.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date : 11:59 30th July 2021
Interview date: TBC
If you have previously applied for this role a second application will not be considered. This post will remain open until it is filled or no longer available.
For an informal discussion on the role please call Rita Hammond 0208 132 1349 or Rachael Mitchell 0208 132 1079
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Paula Dixon on 0208 132 1044 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
A textphone (minicom) is provided for those with a hearing or speech impairment on 020 8379 4419.
This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.