Volunteer Chair of Customer Panel
We are One Housing and we create places for people to call home and support them to live well. With a breadth of services and expertise to help people whatever their housing, care, or support needs.
Our team is friendly and we love what we do. We are passionate about the high-quality support we provide. We offer our colleagues a friendly, collaborative workplace and the chance to build a rewarding career with a not-for-profit organisation that is proud to make a genuine difference to peoples’ lives, each and every day.
Join our Care team as a Volunteer Chair of Customer Panel
The Chair of Customer Panel position is extremely interesting as well as being incredibly rewarding. As part of our service, you will be providing leadership for Customer Panel Meetings and acting as a mentor for the Customer Panel Vice Chair.
As the Chair of Customer Panel you will have a genuine passion to support the Vision and Mission of the organisation, protect its Values and work with the Care and Support Committee, Group Director of Care and Support and Senior Executive Team to ensure our customers benefit with quality services.
We’re an organisation with strong values. We keep our promises; we do a great job; we value diversity; we work together; and we look for ways to improve. These are what make us such a great team, working together as one to achieve our vision.
The role will be located primarily in Arlington, Camden, although some site visits will be required.
• The salary will be, £1500 Per Annum plus expenses
• As it is a volunteer role, there are no set hours, albeit you will be averaging 15 Hours Per Quarter which equates to at least once every Quarter. With all meetings conducted on a Thursday.
• Ideally you will have access to your own car since some of the site visits will be outside of London.
• To ensure the efficient conduct of the Customer Panel business.
• To lead and guide Customer Panel Discussions.
• To ensure that all Customer Panel Members are given the opportunity to express their views and that appropriate standards of behaviour are maintained in accordance with the Terms of Reference for the Customer Panel.
• Provide leadership and control of Customer Panel meetings, ensuring views are expressed, keeping order and summing up ‘the sense of the meeting’.
• Establish a constructive working relationship with other Customer Panel Members and Care and Support Committee Members.
• Act as the representative of the Customer Panel in Care and Support Committee meetings in relation to the affairs of Care and Support.
• Ensuring the Panel meets regularly.
• Reviewing the workings of the Customer Panel on an annual basis to ensure that its works and activities are still in line with its vision and terms of reference.
• Paying particular attention to ensuring that the work and activities of the Panel reflect the aspirations and needs of customers.
What you will need to succeed
We are looking for someone who believes in working together as part of a team, who shares our values and who is positive and friendly. The successful candidate will:
• Knowledge of the Housing sector
• Knowledge of the Health and Social Care Sector
• Understanding Care and Support (knowledge)
• Ideally have a background as a Chair or Executive Board Member
• Ideally have previous exposure Chairing meetings within Social Care, Housing or Council
• Ability to lead a Panel/Meeting involving a variety of stakeholders and service users.
• Have a proactive & empathetic approach on all subject matters.
• Have strong communication skills.
• Have an understanding around budgeting and finance.
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and their workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain from having and supporting our diverse teams. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
We welcome applications from everyone.