The Food & Workplace Safety team solves complex problems every day in the name of our core mission to provide a safer community and to encourage business to comply with the law.
But what makes working at Ealing truly unique is the workplace culture that encourages innovation and effectiveness. The workload is complex and ever changing but for the right candidates provides an exciting opportunity to apply and develop your skills in a fast paced but supportive workplace. You can be confident working here that you are making a positive contribution to the safety of the businesses in the area.
The Food & Workplace safety team at Ealing Council is highly motivated and gets the job done. If you want to excel in the field of Environmental Health by gaining experience in all aspects of Food Safety, we offer more than just the basics. To fit into the team you must be ambitious, motivated, enthusiastic and passionate about food safety with excellent people skills.
To be successful in this role you must have one or more the following qualifications:
• A professional qualification of competence to undertake food hygiene inspections e.g.: Higher National Certificate in Food Inspection
• Higher level specialist qualification relevant to Food Safety duties. Including, Diploma/Degree in Environmental Health or equivalent food /environmental related diploma or degree course.
• Qualification to act as an Environmental Health Officer (EHORB)
• Maintenance and proof of professional requirements regarding Continuous Professional Development (CPD).
You must also be able to show that you possess:
• Experience of working in a customer focused service.
• Experience of delivery Food Safety related services
• Substantial experience of providing a range of regulatory food Safety activities
• Experience of undertaking complex investigations in team work.
Located in the heart of West London Ealing comprises seven distinct town centres – Ealing, Southall, Hanwell, Acton, Northolt, Perivale and Greenford. Each of these areas has unique characteristics, and together they form one of the most vibrant and diverse communities in Britain. Ealing also has a strong economic centre with more than 130,000 businesses of which nearly 3,000 are food businesses and a workforce of around 150,000 people, about a third of whom travel in from outside the borough.
This role is subject to Ealing’s enhanced vetting process
Closing date: 02 August 2021
How to Apply
Please apply online via the link provided.
Please note, we do not accept CV’s submitted without a fully completed online application form.