We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Electrical Inspector to join our team. You will join us on a full-time, permanent basis, and in return, you will receive a competitive salary of £44,000 per annum.
This role is currently based from home due to COVID 19 until further notice. Peabody plans to move to a hybrid model of working which means that once our office refurbishment has been completed, the role will be part office (Waterloo) and part home based.
About the Senior Electrical Inspector role:
Responsible for the day to day management and development of the area/department and its employees by setting, reviewing, monitoring and improving the targets and activities carried out thereby ensuring that business objectives are met. To carry out inspections including resident surveys of electrical projects and provide advice on various electrical issues, auditing the contractor’s servicing and breakdown work and auditing of landlord inspection records.
Responsibilities of our Senior Electrical Inspector:
- Apply professional knowledge of electrical services ensuring they represent high standards of quality
- Carry out technical pre-and post-inspections on electrical works delivered by the various teams and contractors
- Maintain accurate written and computerised records, collate and disseminate information
- Review for compliance electrical testing, commissioning and servicing certification for suitability and record remedial works for post inspection
- Monitor and report on remedial work completed by external consultants / contractors and proactively manage the key stakeholders relevant to specific works
- Ensure compliance with Peabody’s standing orders and with any appropriate published departmental standards and procedures
- Support and advise staff involved with the accurate diagnosis of works, preparation of any specifications, schedules of work and other contract documentation necessary to ensure the technically correct and timely progress and completion of commissions
- Line manage Electrical post inspection staff, including carrying out regular one to ones and annual appraisals
- Control all time and costs spent on compliance projects to ensure that these are contained within generally prescribed or separately agreed targets
- Provide asset information of installations including providing supporting evidence and list of any faults found
What we’re looking for in our Senior Electrical Inspector:
- Must hold City Guilds 2391/2 & City Guilds 2381/2 BS7671 18th Edition or equivalent qualifications
- Up to date knowledge of health and safety
- Up to date knowledge of legislative developments and demonstrable ability to continually promote best practice in the work place
- Intermediate level IT skills
- Full UK drivers license and use of vehicle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of social housing environment
- Ability to devise, communicate, and gain acceptance for and implement new ideas and technical solutions to building services problems and to convey information to others by way of written reports
- Demonstrate experience and skills managing customer relationships to ensure a high level of customer care and satisfaction
Closing date: Wednesday 23rd June 2021, 5pm
If you feel have the skills and experience to become our Senior Electrical Inspector, please click ‘apply’ now to be directed to our careers page and complete your application. Please monitor your emails also during this time.
We encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities. We actively encourage BAME, LGBTQ+, and disabled applicants and value the positive impact that difference has on our teams. We are committed to equality and diversity within our workforce and all opportunities provided by The Peabody Group.
NO AGENCY INTEREST