2 x Drivers - 27.5 hours per week
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis the part time salary is £16,353.33 to £16,648.95
We are seeking Drivers with the skills to work flexibly and creatively to carry out a range of driving duties within our services.
You will be based around the Borough providing transport that is suited to the customers and service needs.
Requirements for the Post include:
Good communication skills and a Team worker
A flexible approach to changes at the short notice and to cover other routes when required
Knowledge of Transport services, health and Safety, etc
Experience of working with people with Learning disabilities, Elderly, Dementia, mobility problems, Physical disabilities and Challenging behaviours.
Experience of providing transport to Vulnerable people
You must Have:
DVLA driving license Category D1
Be over 21
Had a driving license for 2 years
Meet Group 2 medical standards of over 70
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council:
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing Date: 23:59 Sunday 27th June 2021
Interview date: TBC
We reserve the right to close this vacancy once a sufficient number of applications have been received. Therefore, we advise that you complete fully and submit your application as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
To apply for this role please click on the link below.
If you would like to know more about the role, please contact Marie Telling on 0797 107 2260 or Alex Fodor on 0208 360 1195 for an informal discussion or to arrange a visit to the team.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Elizabeth Anastasi on 0208 132 1615 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.