Head Swimming Instructor
Are you passionate about teaching swimming and instilling a lifesaving skill in children?
We are recruiting for a Head Swim Instructor at an exciting time when we are moving across to using Swimphony.
Our Head Swimming Instructor will lead the Swimming team to ensure the children reach their full potential during lessons with the Enfield Swim Programme.
As Head Swimming Instructor you will ensure the smooth daily running of the swim programme, maximising participation and revenue, mentor and develop a team of Swim Instructors and assist in the sales, promotion and outreach in relation to the programme.
You will be a champion for continuously raising the bar, staying ahead of current trends and thinking in the industry.
You must possess a valid RLSS NPLQ or NRASTC, an ASA level 2 swimming instructor certificate or equivalent and have experience of a customer facing, leisure role.
Working Hours: Monday – Friday 9-3pm
Working Weeks: 35 weeks per year during the School Term
Some of the tasks and responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Manage, develop and monitor the implementation and administration for both the School Swimming and “Learn to Swim” programmes in order to meet the requirements of the National Curriculum and Swim England's National Plan for Teaching, including preparing lesson plans and a comprehensive scheme of work
- Assist in the effective operations of the activity of the swim school programme by teaching (70% of contracted hours), as agreed with your line manager.
- Establish and maintain excellent relationships with our customers and potential customers, handling and escalating complaints where appropriate
- Co-ordinate the efficient and effective deployment of the team, to meet the customer, financial and operational demands of the centre
- Co-ordinate and implement staff training and induction sessions
- Provide appropriate, relevant courses throughout the year in line with the needs of the organisation
- Support primary and secondary school’s teachers by coordinating and developing relevant, in-service training
- Assist in programming and promotions through innovative ideas, and initiating actions to meet the demands of the facility's customers, and the organisational plans and retention programmes
- Assist in the communication, sales, marketing and promotion of the Swim School programme and associated outreach and development work
- Prepare reports on the centre’s operations, events and incidents when necessary
- Ensure all concerns of a child safeguarding nature are referred in a timely and appropriate manner, in accordance with Fusion’s Safeguarding policy
- Adhere to the Equality and Diversity Policy, Health and Safety procedures, operating procedures, customer service standards and uniform policy always.
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
We are passionate about our people and how we deliver services to our community in Enfield. That’s why we encourage a culture that puts our customers at the heart of everything we do - by empowering our people to work together to find solutions, be open, honest and respectful, take responsibility and listen and learn. If you value these behaviours too, we’d love to hear from you - and of course we are always happy to talk flexible working, click here to find out more.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Sunday 27th June 2021
Interview date: Monday 5th July 2021
To apply, please click on the link below.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The advertised salary is for full time work. the positions offered are part time and term time, This role is 30 hours per week for 35 weeks per year and the salary will be adjusted proportionately
The advertised salary is for full time work, the salary for part time will be calculated on a pro-rata basis the part time salary for a 30 hour week is £25,487 - £26,297