Unit Chef Manager (Term Time/Part Time)
Scale 3 x 32.5 hours per week x 39 weeks per year (11.82-12.03 per hour)
The salary as advertised is for full time work, the position offered is for part time and term time, actual salary will be adjusted proportionately.
Its an exciting time to join Enfield Catering! We are looking for keen foodies with a passion for being part of the noble endeavour of producing school lunches for children in the Borough of Enfield. Working with our kitchen and support teams to deliver high quality school meals that we can all be proud of.
As the Unit Chef Manager you will be leading our school kitchen team to develop and deliver the best school lunches in the borough. With support from your Area Manager you will be responsible for leading the kitchen team and the service of school lunches to deliver fresh, nutritious and innovative lunch dishes. Using our kitchen IT systems to manage orders, stocktaking and team training requirements.
We believe every child deserves a tasty & nutritious lunch every day while they are at school and our Unit Chef Managers are instrumental in delivering that vision.
All applications must be completed online
Why it's great to work for Enfield Council
- An excellent pension through the Local Government Pension Scheme (LGPS).
- Up to 31 days annual leave depending on grade and length of service. You will also get eight public holidays per year and an extra day off at Christmas.
- A blend of remote and office based working for most roles.
- Interest free season ticket loan repayable over three or ten months.
- Career development and learning experiences from a range of training courses and learning methods.
- Employee Assistance Programme to provide advice and counselling services. This is a free and confidential service available to staff and members of their family.
- Health and leisure discounts and tax-free bikes for work.
How to apply:
This role requires that you upload 2 documents - in the "Document upload" section of the online application form.
1. A supporting statement addressing how you meet the requirements of the job description and person specification. Your supporting statement should be around 2 pages in A4 format.
2. Full work history document completed since leaving full time education, as this is a safeguarding role and requires you to work with Children and/or vulnerable adults.
Please note if your supporting statement is longer than 2 A4 pages, your application may not be considered or reviewed
Closing and Interview Dates
Closing date: 23:59 Thursday 24th June 2021
Interview date(s): TBC
The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for this post.
If you have any difficulties accessing this information, please contact Vickie McGrath on 0208 132 1053 or email@example.com
“This authority is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share in this commitment”.