Woodside Primary Academy is part of the REAch2 Primary Academy Trust. We are a larger than average school with a five class nursery, for children aged 2 - 4 years old. We are expanding in September to provide care for babies from 6 months old.
This is a customer facing role managing parent enquiries, admissions and general office administration systems. You will be the first to meet and greet parents, children and staff and will need to take a friendly welcoming approach to your role.
You will work with the lead school office manager and wider administrative team to ensure effective organisation of all administration tasks required using Microsoft Office, our own School Management Systems and any local authority based systems for collecting and submitting data. You will need to be friendly, have excellent communication skills, good time management and the ability to work to deadlines.
The Nursery (Office) Operations Manager will have previous back office experience with a strong knowledge and understanding of all aspects of nursery operations.
The Nursery Operations Manager will be responsible for a wide range of administrative duties, including providing administration support for the wider school when needed.
The Nursery Operations Manager will be a committed reliable individual who is driven with a desire to be part of an Outstanding School; with a vision to ensure a high quality service for our young children and Woodside families.
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
- Ensure high standards of service are maintained at all times.
- Liaise with parents, children and staff to ensure good communication is maintained and their individual needs are met.
- Receive and make telephone calls, deal with emails, handle enquiries and pass them onto the relevant people as needed.
- Booking prospective parents in for show rounds and supporting with the registration process.
- Registering new children onto our management system and keeping their records fully up to date. Ensuring smooth transitions are in place to keep the nursery fully occupied
- Perform all general office duties i.e., maintaining a nursery registration system, postal duties, copying, filing and dealing with general office enquiries.
- Oversee and maintain the Nursery reception area. Ensure the entrance to the office, storeroom and staffroom areas are kept clean, tidy and organised at all times.
- Maintain and oversee all Nursery stationery needs. ordering, budgeting and stock level management
- Understand and follow all the Nursery and whole school policies and procedures at all times.
- Create and maintain a variety of documentation throughout the Nursery, i.e. labelling, posters and room and fee booklets
- Prepare nursery service reports and parent newsletters
- Other tasks associated with the administration of the office as required
Skills and experience:
- Safeguarding – Knowledge and understanding of child protection and the role you play in keeping children safe.
- A working knowledge of all Microsoft office systems and a school management system
- Strong understanding of nursery processes
- Understanding or aptitude to administer: Headcounts to the local authority and the processing of funding eligibility codes
- Excellent standard of written English and clear telephone manner
- Good social skills
- The ability to work closely with leadership and the ability to work alone
- Excellent organisational skills and interpersonal Skills
Closing date: Thursday 17th June 2021 Time: 12pm
Shorting: Friday 18th June 2021
Interviews to take place on: Friday 25th June 2021
Applications to: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Woodside Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.
Closing Date: Friday 18th June 2021: 12:00pm.
Interviews: Thursday 24th June 2021