Job starts: September 2021
We are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, enthusiastic TOD to join our dynamic school team.
Selwyn is an outstanding Primary School (Ofsted March 2019) in Plaistow, East London. We are the resourced provision for deaf children in Newham and serve a richly diverse community. Our deaf children are taught within mainstream classes and receive additionality in small groups from our school team. This team includes a TOD, two speech & language therapists, two SEN teachers, CSWs, Teaching Assistants and an audiologist.
This is an excellent opportunity for a qualified TOD, who has outstanding classroom practice, to join our school. You must have a passion for teaching and learning and be committed to ensuring that our deaf children develop effective communication skills and achieve good academic outcomes.
We need a teacher who:
- Holds the mandatory teacher of the deaf qualification
- Has evidence of being an exemplary practitioner and is able to demonstrate this practice to others
- Can support colleagues to develop their own practice
- Demonstrates high expectations of pupil outcomes
- Has excellent organisational skills and is able to prioritise workload
- Demonstrates a strong work ethic and the ability to work collaboratively with pupils, colleagues, parents and governors
- Has the ability to create a stimulating and inclusive learning environment where all pupils make good and better progress
- Has a commitment to their own professional development
We can offer you:
- Quality first professional development
- Curious children, who love learning
- A supportive, forward thinking, and dedicated team of colleagues
- An energetic and sociable team
We welcome visits from potential candidates. To arrange a visit, please contact the school office on 0208 471 6173 to speak to:
Head teacher: Helen Mawer
Or a member of the leadership team: Mike Boxall, Elaine Pyke, Claire Stewart
Further information about our school can be found on our website - Selwyn Primary Website
Closing Date: 24th June 2021
Short-Listing: 24th June 2021
Interviews: wc 28th June 2021
Selwyn Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all our staff to share this commitment. All staff are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check as well as qualifications and reference checks. A disqualification declaration questionnaire maybe required for this post.
How to Apply
Please apply online. For technical difficulties, please contact the Support Team 020 7427 8250. For further information about the role, please contact the school directly.